Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > olympus stylus 300/400 basic operation questions on digital camera

olympus stylus 300/400 basic operation questions on digital camera

inetquestion

Got a few questions about my new olympus stylus 400 (same as olympus 300).

1. When usb cable is connected to camera and computer, is the battery
recharging during this time?

2. With the optional ac adapter connected to the camera,
does this recharge the battery?

3. How do you take panaramic photos? When I select this option I see no difference
when viewing the photos on the camera, they look just like a normal photo...
Is there some additional step I'm missing here?

4. Does anyone make a charger that can charge multiple batteries at one time?
the only one I've seen thus far is the single battery charger which comes with the
camera

Thanks,

(E-Mail Removed)

CSM1

Reply within text. Lots of Cross posting!
I deleted all but, the two for digital cameras.

"inetquestion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Got a few questions about my new olympus stylus 400 (same as olympus 300).
>
> 1. When usb cable is connected to camera and computer, is the battery
> recharging during this time?

NO

> 2. With the optional ac adapter connected to the camera,
> does this recharge the battery?

NO

> 3. How do you take panaramic photos? When I select this option I see no

difference
> when viewing the photos on the camera, they look just like a normal

photo...
> Is there some additional step I'm missing here?

In panoramic mode the camera provides an on LCD mask that show the amount of
overlap you need to use for each frame of the panoramic. The individual
frames are then stitched together with panoramic software. Olympus Camedia
4.0 has a stitching function.

A tutorial
http://www.panoramafactory.com/camer...l#introduction

> 4. Does anyone make a charger that can charge multiple batteries at one

time?
> the only one I've seen thus far is the single battery charger which

comes with the
> camera

Yes, most will charge 4 batteries at one time.

Wal-mart sells a Rayovac 1-Hour Battery Charger.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=1841490

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com