Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Help: Nikon coolpix 200

Re: Help: Nikon coolpix 200

Ed Ruf

On 3 Sep 2003 04:02:33 -0700, in rec.photo.digital http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(rogg£) wrote:

>Hi
>I have a coolpix 2000 and have problems with Nikon browser and the
>connection betwen the camera and the computer. I have tried on two computers
>one with win 2000 and one with win 98 and I have updated both the computers
>drivers and the connections (Nikons)drivers. I have also tried different
>versions of the Nikon browsers program. The problem occurs then i connect
>and switch on the camera, in the real world the camera should recognize the
>camera and start Nikon browser so that I can tranfser the pics to the
>computer. But this newer happens instead I have got all the problems that
>are discibed at Nikons support site.
>
>I wonder if anyone have had simular problems with this configuration and in
>that case solved it. Please let me know how you did. The store there I
>bought it has not been very helpfull.
>Sorry if my english not are up to date.

I believe the main recommendation you will find is to not waste your
precious time on getting the Nikon software to work and just go out
and purchase a quite inexpensive card reader. This will mount the card
as a removable drive on your system and you can then use Windows
Explorer to copy the files to the hard drive whilst saving battery
power in the camera as well.
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Ed Ruf

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 20:20:59 +0200, in rec.photo.digital "Rogg£"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanx for the recomendation I will do that. But don't you think that Nikons
>staff should have some honour in there software/work and fix the problem.

One other thought. You are plugging directly into the computer's USB port
and not in a hub, right?