Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Canon A70 Tele-converter lens

Re: Canon A70 Tele-converter lens

Zol.

Hi, I have the Canon x2.4 convertor and Yes it does require the same lens
convertor tube.
It`s a god lens and gives some good closeup shots - I`m not too sure on how
you would go about equivalent equations comparing it to 35mm but Canon will
correct errors on the website if they are wrong.
As for how close can you get with the Lens/Adpter in place(?) - well I`ve
taken shots with the camera zoomed out to it`s `wide` setting with the A70
and used the circular effect created along with sepia to create some old
style sepia shots of some steam trains (
http://www.byphotos.com/public/detai...c_album=312959 in here if you
want to take a look) but generally the lens when it`s attached to the
adapter is `quick-release` so I can`t say that I`ve taken notice on how
close you can get without this effect (sorry) - if you would like to check
out the moon shot as well, I think I did this with the convertor at the time
and of course a tripod (
http://www.byphotos.com/album/album_..._photo=3741858 )
sorry you cant see the full size - the main image is enlarged with photoshop
and the insert was at full size(this image is 1024x768 and original photo
taken at twice that size)

Hope that helps you more-or-less, regards ...

Zol.

"Thox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Group,
>
> I have a few newbie qustions for the A70 users out there.
>
> Does anyone have any experence good or bad with the Tele-coverter lens for
> the A70? Doe's it require the use of the conversion lens adapter as the

Wide
> Converter and Close-up lens?
>
> I'd also like to know if it's (35 mm film equivalent at maximum telephoto:
> approximately 252 mm) as it states in the system map provided with the
> camera?
> Another thought is how close can you take photos without removing the
> Tele-converter lens? I'm not talking about close-ups, but normal range

photos
> like 3 ft. and beyond.
>
> TIA

Thox

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 3:22:40 -0400, Zol. wrote
(in message <4zX4b.367231$B%(E-Mail Removed)>):

> Hi, I have the Canon x2.4 convertor and Yes it does require the same lens
> convertor tube.
> It`s a god lens and gives some good closeup shots - I`m not too sure on how
> you would go about equivalent equations comparing it to 35mm but Canon will
> correct errors on the website if they are wrong.
> As for how close can you get with the Lens/Adpter in place(?) - well I`ve
> taken shots with the camera zoomed out to it`s `wide` setting with the A70
> and used the circular effect created along with sepia to create some old
> style sepia shots of some steam trains (
> http://www.byphotos.com/public/detai...c_album=312959 in here if you
> want to take a look) but generally the lens when it`s attached to the
> adapter is `quick-release` so I can`t say that I`ve taken notice on how
> close you can get without this effect (sorry) - if you would like to check
> out the moon shot as well, I think I did this with the convertor at the time
> and of course a tripod (
> http://www.byphotos.com/album/album_..._photo=3741858 )
> sorry you cant see the full size - the main image is enlarged with photoshop
> and the insert was at full size(this image is 1024x768 and original photo
> taken at twice that size)
>
> Hope that helps you more-or-less, regards ...
>
> Zol.

Hey Zol,

I appreciate your response. I think it's a good deal even with the extra
expense of the converter tube. You have pretty much answered all my
questions. I also appreciated your photo links. Your photos are excellent, I
really enjoyed looking at the albums. I think the dragon photo was my
favorite. Thanks!

Thox

Zol.

"Thox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 3:22:40 -0400, Zol. wrote
> (in message <4zX4b.367231$B%(E-Mail Removed)>):
>
> > Hi, I have the Canon x2.4 convertor and Yes it does require the same

lens
> > convertor tube.
> > It`s a god lens and gives some good closeup shots - I`m not too sure on

how
> > you would go about equivalent equations comparing it to 35mm but Canon

will
> > correct errors on the website if they are wrong.
> > As for how close can you get with the Lens/Adpter in place(?) - well

I`ve
> > taken shots with the camera zoomed out to it`s `wide` setting with the

A70
> > and used the circular effect created along with sepia to create some old
> > style sepia shots of some steam trains (
> > http://www.byphotos.com/public/detai...c_album=312959 in here if you
> > want to take a look) but generally the lens when it`s attached to the
> > adapter is `quick-release` so I can`t say that I`ve taken notice on how
> > close you can get without this effect (sorry) - if you would like to

check
> > out the moon shot as well, I think I did this with the convertor at the

time
> > and of course a tripod (
> > http://www.byphotos.com/album/album_..._photo=3741858 )
> > sorry you cant see the full size - the main image is enlarged with

photoshop
> > and the insert was at full size(this image is 1024x768 and original

photo
> > taken at twice that size)
> >
> > Hope that helps you more-or-less, regards ...
> >
> > Zol.

> Hey Zol,
>
> I appreciate your response. I think it's a good deal even with the extra
> expense of the converter tube. You have pretty much answered all my
> questions. I also appreciated your photo links. Your photos are excellent,

> really enjoyed looking at the albums. I think the dragon photo was my
> favorite. Thanks!
>
> Thox

Cheers, I think it helps to see some photos taken with the equipment - I`m
still on a learning curve but I help(try) others from the knowledge that
I`ve picked up or gained from my experiences ... Zol.