Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Mindstor Digital Wallet

Mindstor Digital Wallet

Dave.US

Has anyone ever used one of the Mindstor Digital Wallets? I've got a
CF capacity hungry Canon 10D with about 3GB of compactflash cards. I
wouldn't mind having a place to backup my photos on vacation and am
tired of dragging along the laptop.

Any experiences to share?

Dave

Andrew McDonald

Dave.US wrote:

> Has anyone ever used one of the Mindstor Digital Wallets? I've got a
> CF capacity hungry Canon 10D with about 3GB of compactflash cards. I
> wouldn't mind having a place to backup my photos on vacation and am
> tired of dragging along the laptop.
>
> Any experiences to share?

I love mine. I got a 20GB unit just before Minds@Work went under. You
can still get them for a good price on eBay.

Or if you need support, check out the alternatives from NixVue or the
Imagetank or whatever. There are plenty of options.

Dave.US

Thanks for the tip on the 10GB Sima Image Bank for $99 at TigerDirect.
I just ordered one!

Dave

Rafe B. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 20:10:49 GMT, Dave.US <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Has anyone ever used one of the Mindstor Digital Wallets? I've got a
>>CF capacity hungry Canon 10D with about 3GB of compactflash cards. I
>>wouldn't mind having a place to backup my photos on vacation and am
>>tired of dragging along the laptop.
>>
>>Any experiences to share?
>>
>>Dave

>ImageTank makes a few different models.
>
>I recently bought a 20 Gbyte version from
><http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com>
>
>and used it without problems on a recent trip.
>
>There seems to be a 10Gbyte version of
>this same device for $99 at TigerDirect:
>
><http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=589922&sku=S120-2000%20p>
>

>rafe b.
>http://www.terrapinphoto.com

Are there any of these storage devices that take Secure Digital cards?

Suggestions please!

newsVO4b.5360$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...