Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital Capture software wanted

Digital Capture software wanted

Don

Hello everyone,

I am looking for capture software for my D100. I want to make a color
curve (color management) and occasionally do some batch proccessing of
photos during download from my camera or card reader.

Some programs if have looked at:

1. Nikon Capture ver 3.5

2. Phase One's Capture-One

3. Digital Pro2 Professional

Has anyone used these or any other programs?

I am basically trying to increase my workflow. It is tiresome
correcting each picture individually in Photoshop.

Any help is appreciated.

The "other" Don

Lionel

Word has it that on Mon, 01 Sep 2003 18:46:47 GMT, in this august forum,
Don <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>2. Phase One's Capture-One

[...]
>Has anyone used these or any other programs?

Just Capture One. I like it a lot, because it makes for very efficient
workflow when you're processing big batches of photos. You can adjust a
hundred pix very quickly (plus, you can tweak one shot & apply your
curves, etc, to the rest of the batch in a single operation), then batch
convert the whole lot to your preferred output format while you have
dinner, or whatever.