Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Success in suspending abusers!

Success in suspending abusers!

Juan R. Pollo

Received this today. Anybody else?:

Hi,

The Google Groups account you reported for Usenet abuse has been

suspended. We appreciate your aid in keeping the newsgroups as abuse free

as possible..

Sincerely,

The Google Groups Team

Bart van der Wolf

"Juan R. Pollo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WRK4b.123775$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Received this today. Anybody else?:
>
> Hi,
>
> The Google Groups account you reported for Usenet abuse has been
>
> suspended. We appreciate your aid in keeping the newsgroups as abuse free
>
> as possible..
>
> Sincerely,
>
> The Google Groups Team
>
> ************************************************** **********************

Yes. Same here in case of the Cindy Duncan persona.

Bart

Patrick L.

"Juan R. Pollo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WRK4b.123775$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Received this today. Anybody else?:
>
> Hi,
>
> The Google Groups account you reported for Usenet abuse has been
>
> suspended. We appreciate your aid in keeping the newsgroups as abuse free
>
> as possible..
>
> Sincerely,
>
> The Google Groups Team
>
> ************************************************** **********************

Let's hope they are not smart enough to find another usenet server, and
start the process all over again.

Patrick L.

Juan R. Pollo

"Andrew McDonald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> They will just come back as someone else. They nearly always do.

Funny, in my mind I hear the voice of Eeyore speaking those words!

Please forgive me, I have a small child

Juan

Paul Heslop

"Juan R. Pollo" wrote:

> "Andrew McDonald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > They will just come back as someone else. They nearly always do.

> Funny, in my mind I hear the voice of Eeyore speaking those words!
>
> Please forgive me, I have a small child
>
> Juan

:O)
--
Paul. (Faces look ugly when you're alone)
Not what it seems...

Not Very

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 16:55:18 GMT, "Juan R. Pollo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Received this today. Anybody else?:
>
> Hi,
>
> The Google Groups account you reported for Usenet abuse has been
>
> suspended. We appreciate your aid in keeping the newsgroups as abuse free

The wrong move. I'd rather keep known twits filtered out rather than having to
keep adding them to the filters.

David Cohen

Not Very <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 16:55:18 GMT, "Juan R. Pollo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> > Received this today. Anybody else?:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The Google Groups account you reported for Usenet abuse has been
> >
> > suspended. We appreciate your aid in keeping the newsgroups as abuse free

> The wrong move. I'd rather keep known twits filtered out rather than having to
> keep adding them to the filters.

I am not familiar with the Cindy person in question, but the
alt.comp.periphs.cdr group has been made virtually useless due the
antics of one character (smh) who has some sort of personal vendetta
against some other contributors and Roxio. Despite moves to stop him,
he just keeps showing up.
I read groups using a webpage, I don't know how to apply a kill file
or even if this is possible. My isp doesn't support a news server.
Dave Cohen

Eric Gisin

"David Cohen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

| I am not familiar with the Cindy person in question, but the
| alt.comp.periphs.cdr group has been made virtually useless due the
| antics of one character (smh) who has some sort of personal vendetta
| against some other contributors and Roxio. Despite moves to stop him,
| he just keeps showing up.
| I read groups using a webpage, I don't know how to apply a kill file
| or even if this is possible. My isp doesn't support a news server.
| Dave Cohen

smh (sammy hong) has some obsession due to mental illness. Usenet has seen
many people like this show up in the last several years.

He has been booted off many ISPs, so he found a usenet service that allows
anything but kiddie porn.

Juan R. Pollo

"David Cohen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I read groups using a webpage, I don't know how to apply a kill file
> or even if this is possible. My isp doesn't support a news server.

Try www.teranews.com . It has a one-time charge of $3.95 to sign up and lets
you read up to 50 meg/day for free and, unlike Google, it carries binary
groups.

You can then use Outlook Express or any other newsreader to read the groups,
set preferences, etc. Good luck.

Juan

Bart van der Wolf

"David Cohen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
SNIP
> I read groups using a webpage, I don't know how to apply a kill file
> or even if this is possible. My isp doesn't support a news server.

If you use Google, complain to them, because you cannot use a killfile on a
webpage. If you use another webpage to read groups, complain there.

Bart