Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Changing the photo file-modified date & time

Changing the photo file-modified date & time

mfa

One of my CF card's directory structure got corrupted and I had to use
photo-recovery software to recover the jpg files on it. I've renamed
the recovered files to their originally-sequenced names, but all the
timestamps on the files are the date/time of the recovery operation.

I'd like to redate the files to their original date & time, which I can
recover from the jpg file with Nikon software. Do you know of any
programs which let you easily change the "last-modified" date & time on
a file?

Thanks,
Frank

SICYD

"mfa" <mfa_box@bellsouth_nospam_.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:mVJ4b.2193$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'd like to redate the files to their original date & time, which I can
> recover from the jpg file with Nikon software. Do you know of any
> programs which let you easily change the "last-modified" date & time on
> a file?

With some photoediting software you can view extra info on the JPG header.
Some of these info is the image resolution, exposition, ..., and the
original shoot date and time.

Regards.

mfa

Right. That's what I meant when I said I could recover the original
date & time with Nikon software. What I am looking for is a way to
change the file-modified date and time that you see in Windows Explorer
from what it is now to what it was originally when the picture was taken.

SICYD wrote:
> "mfa" <mfa_box@bellsouth_nospam_.net> escribió en el mensaje
> news:mVJ4b.2193$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I'd like to redate the files to their original date & time, which I can
>> recover from the jpg file with Nikon software. Do you know of any
>> programs which let you easily change the "last-modified" date & time on
>> a file?

> With some photoediting software you can view extra info on the JPG header.
> Some of these info is the image resolution, exposition, ..., and the
> original shoot date and time.
>
> Regards.

Kilgore Trout Jr

Crude Work-a-round: You could temporarily set your system clock to the
appropriate date & time, then open and "save" your photo files. It would be
difficult to the time exactly right but at least the dates would be correct.
Be sure to reset your system clock when you're through.

news:edP4b.4062$(E-Mail Removed)...