Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > do you just buy a new digital camera

do you just buy a new digital camera

Mike Graham

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Frankhartx wrote:

> Justify is for wuss pussies

Yeah, we don't need to eat! Or pay our rents. Or drive our cars. Or...

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) |

<http://www.metalmangler.com/photos/photos.htm>

Paul H.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:bivdet$jmi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> someone <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > do you just walk into the shop, plonk down the money and walk out

grinning
> > like a madman? No.

> > or do you have to justify it to
> > yourself/wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/parents before doing so?

> Considering that I am single and how I spend my money is none of my
> is no one else's business, no.

Why, we're quite the little solipsist, aren't we? You must have missed the
"yourself" criterion in the original question.

Paul H.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

wrote:

> > Justify is for wuss pussies

> Yeah, we don't need to eat! Or pay our rents. Or drive our cars.

Or...

My advice to those who have to choose between buying a camera or eating:
Buy the camera, then take pictures of food!

Besides, if you die of starvation, why, that's just natural selection at
work, isn't it?

JohnO

I've never had to justify to my wife when I buy something. She does question
my 'need' to buy something on occasion but I always feed her one of 'HER'
own lines ... "Because I wanted it!"

When she found out I bought my Canon 10D she laughed and went out and bought
herself a new shotgun. We made a deal ... I won't shoot her if she doesn't
shoot me

And for the record ... one of my hobbies is photography, one of hers is
training, instructing and judging, hunt and field work for our Labrador
Retrievers and others interested in the sport. She also shows, instructs and
judges in obedience with a little agility thrown in.

http://members.cox.net/gerrie

Seeing I have a new camera and they were looking for a photographer I was
asked to be the photographer for one of her hunting club trials next
weekend. Lots of action as well as posed and portrait shots ... should be a
lot of fun!

"someone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> do you just walk into the shop, plonk down the money and walk out grinning
> like a madman? or do you have to justify it to
> yourself/wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/parents before doing so?

Ms. Jaime

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 11:04:38 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (someone) wrote:

>do you just walk into the shop, plonk down the money and walk out grinning
>like a madman? or do you have to justify it to
>yourself/wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/parents before doing so?

I don't have to jusify it to *anyone* although my oldest son (nearly
19 years old) had a fit
when he heard how much my 750 UZ was until I gave him some of my money
to go with his friend's parents to TO this weekend so they could hang
out at the CNE today.

Ms.Jaime

'If at first you don't succeed, **** on it and go on
to something else. Life is too short to waste your time.'

Mike Graham

In article <43K4b.14414$(E-Mail Removed) .net>, Paul H. wrote:

> My advice to those who have to choose between buying a camera or eating:
> Buy the camera, then take pictures of food!
>
> Besides, if you die of starvation, why, that's just natural selection at
> work, isn't it?

And ever so valiant... dying for one's art and all that...

(E-Mail Removed) |

<http://www.metalmangler.com/photos/photos.htm>

Ms. Jaime

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 16:01:04 GMT, "Paul H." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Mike Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Frankhartx

>wrote:
>>
>> > Justify is for wuss pussies

>> Yeah, we don't need to eat! Or pay our rents. Or drive our cars.

>Or...
>
>My advice to those who have to choose between buying a camera or eating:
>Buy the camera, then take pictures of food!
>
>Besides, if you die of starvation, why, that's just natural selection at
>work, isn't it?

LMAO. Cute.

Ms.Jaime

'If at first you don't succeed, **** on it and go on
to something else. Life is too short to waste your time.'

JD

> do you just walk into the shop, plonk down the money and walk out grinning
> like a madman? or do you have to justify it to
> yourself/wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/parents before doing so?

Neither. I first visit a few shops to see what is out there, then take
notes and go home and do some research for a week or two. Then I check to
see which store has the better price, customer service and management and go
get the camera I researched to be the best.

Jeff the Dentist

(E-Mail Removed) (someone) WROTE:

>do you just walk into the shop, plonk down the money and walk out grinning
>like a madman? or do you have to justify it to
>yourself/wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/parents before doing so?

You could take a two step approach.

1. Buy a handgun and let wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/parents know about
it.
2. Buy the camera.

Jeff

Edwin Pawlowski

> >do you just walk into the shop, plonk down the money and walk out

grinning
> >like a madman? or do you have to justify it to
> >yourself/wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/parents before doing so?

As long as I can afford it, I buy what I want and when I want. If I had to
justify every purchase to my mate, it would be a poor relationship, IMO.
Ed