Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > camera - firewire - what's the point

camera - firewire - what's the point

Anterope

I have a digital video camera and it spews video into my computer. What is
the point of upgrading to firewire? It's not like my camera is going to
play any faster.

John O.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I have a digital video camera and it spews video into my computer. What is
> the point of upgrading to firewire? It's not like my camera is going to
> play any faster.

How do you connect now??

--
John O.
There is no slack in light attack.

Todd Walker

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I have a digital video camera and it spews video into my computer. What is
> the point of upgrading to firewire? It's not like my camera is going to
> play any faster.

Aha...now I see that you are a troll. Sorry it took me two posts to
figure this one out. It must be late.

Plonk!

--
________________________________
Todd Walker

Todd Walker

In article <(E-Mail Removed) t>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I have a digital video camera and it spews video into my computer. What is
> > the point of upgrading to firewire? It's not like my camera is going to
> > play any faster.
> >

> How do you connect now??

John,

This is a troll. Killfile.

--
________________________________
Todd Walker
http://twalker.d2g.com/canon10d
My Digital Photography Weblog:
http://twalker.d2g.com/dpblog.htm
_________________________________

JD

> I have a digital video camera and it spews video into my computer. What is
> the point of upgrading to firewire? It's not like my camera is going to
> play any faster.

Then there is no point. If you are happy with what you are getting, no need
to change anything. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Installing new
programs and hardware many times just give you added headaches and problems.

With the latest worms and viruses, I never had any problems because they were
designed to infect only the latest operating systems and software. With the
old stuff I am using, turned out the virus could not infect my systems. So
what would be the point of me "upgrading" to new operating systems and
software?

About the same point of you getting firewire if you are happy with what you
have now.

Don't do it.