Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > RAW Images from 10D

RAW Images from 10D

Stuart

You are quite correct - I used "immediately" to refer to the PS
processeing - not the downloading of the unprocessed RAW files from the
camera. Incidentally when possible I prefer to use Remote Capture and shoot
straight onto my laptop - cuts out that other step - and then use a pc-pc
datalink cable to tranfer to main PC when I get back.

I wish Canon had Firewire link or at least a USB 2 link on the 10D.
Although if it slows us photographers down maybe thats OK - its always a
disaster if I try to take photo's in a hurry !!

"Dave Balcom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:44:09 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> }In message <bivnpc$biu$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> }"Stuart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> }
> }>Use the Canon software for downloading the Raw file (suffix .CRW) to

your PC
> }>and then use the RAW plugin on Photoshop - you can immediately correct

for...
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> }Immediately? You must have a different version than I do; the canon
> }software is the slowest thing I've ever seen.
>
> Here's a question. Why are some people (and this is a general
> statement and not specific to anyone in this thread) so quick to jump
> on others in this newsgroup??? I have seen it too many times in the
> months I have been following this group.
>
> That said, I read the "immediately" as meaning done in Photoshop with
> the RAW plugin. Where does it say you have to use the Canon software
> to process the RAW file? The Canon software is slow and not real time
> so that part is true...
>
> Personally, I use Windows Explorer and a card reader to transfer the
> images to the PC and don't use ANY of the Canon software, but that is
> just me.
>
> Later,
> Dave

Stuart

THere is a 3rd-party plugin which is seperate from PS that does the RAW
format conversion on a number of camera sources - check Adobe website for
details

"Brian Z" <REVERSETHIS-ten.tsacmoc@ZLB> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What RAW plugin are you referring to?
>

> "Stuart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bivnpc$biu$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Use the Canon software for downloading the Raw file (suffix .CRW) to

your
> PC
> > and then use the RAW plugin on Photoshop - you can immediately correct

for
> > Colour Temperature and Exposure very quickly using slider bars before
> > getting into any other processing. I then use Levels and then possibly
> > Curves for any subsequent corrections, and, if necessary finishing with
> > Unsharp mask. It took a little time on the learning to get up to speed

on
> > this but I now can process a single photo in a matter just a few minutes
> > when using this workflow.

David Lewis

Stuart wrote:

> Use the Canon software for downloading the Raw file (suffix .CRW) to
> your PC and then use the RAW plugin on Photoshop - you can
> immediately correct for Colour Temperature and Exposure very quickly
> using slider bars before getting into any other processing. I then
> use Levels and then possibly Curves for any subsequent corrections,
> and, if necessary finishing with Unsharp mask. It took a little time
> on the learning to get up to speed on this but I now can process a
> single photo in a matter just a few minutes when using this workflow.

Hi Stuart,

Are you using this plug in with the Canon 10D? I heard it needed a patch to
make it compatible with this camera?Also I heard that Photoshop will include
the RAW processing functionality as standard in the next upgrade-Do you know
any further about this? Thanks

--
Kind Regards,
David

Pat Chaney

On 3/9/03 12:43 am, "Stuart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> THere is a 3rd-party plugin which is seperate from PS that does the RAW
> format conversion on a number of camera sources - check Adobe website for
> details

Third party? It's Adobe software.

Pat
--
Photos at:
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGalle...ll&AcctID=1251

Pat Chaney

On 3/9/03 6:49 am, "David Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Are you using this plug in with the Canon 10D? I heard it needed a patch to
> make it compatible with this camera?Also I heard that Photoshop will include
> the RAW processing functionality as standard in the next upgrade-Do you know
> any further about this? Thanks

The 'patch' is simply changing "D60" to "10D" with a hex editor. It is
almost certain that PS 8 will include the Raw converter and support the 10D
but I don't believe that Adobe have confirmed that yet.

The Adobe plug-in is far superior to the crap that Canon supplied with the
camera, but not free.

Pat
--
Photos at:
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGalle...ll&AcctID=1251

Albert Wiersch

I have a SIIG ISB 2.0 card reader. It's very fast. No problems with XP Pro.
My main complaint is that it gets hot so I disconnect it from the USB port
when I'm not using it.

--
Albert Wiersch
AI Internet Solutions