Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > buying a new digital camera

buying a new digital camera

vidhu

Hi ,
I have no idea of digital camera and i am amature photographer. After
small review a selected Sony CyberShot DSC-p10.
Can anyone give me some comments on it

thanks

Lucas Tam

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (vidhu) wrote in news:8f967174.0308311925.19550cd9
@posting.google.com:

> I have no idea of digital camera and i am amature photographer.

Are you looking for a point and shoot? The Canon S400 and S50 are good
choices. Also the Canon G5. Nikon also makes several good cameras too.

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

John O.

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Hi ,
> I have no idea of digital camera and i am amature photographer. After
> small review a selected Sony CyberShot DSC-p10.
> Can anyone give me some comments on it
>
> thanks

My girlfriend and I run a camera store together. We both decided
recently that we wanted digital cameras of our own. About a month ago I
chose the Olympus C740. More recently, she chose the 4300. She used it
for 1 day and took it back. She complained about the sharpness and macro
ability. Also start-up time was too slow for her. So now, she has my
camera and I'm back to using my old F2a.

I think I'd like the Nikon 5400 now.

--
John O.
There is no slack in light attack.

John O.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 05:26:02 GMT, John O. <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> >My girlfriend and I run a camera store together. We both decided
> >recently that we wanted digital cameras of our own. About a month ago I
> >chose the Olympus C740. More recently, she chose the 4300. She used it
> >for 1 day and took it back. She complained about the sharpness and macro
> >ability. Also start-up time was too slow for her. So now, she has my
> >camera and I'm back to using my old F2a.

> You must be quite the boyfriend to give her your camera.
>
> Ms.Jaime
>
> 'If at first you don't succeed, **** on it and go on
> to something else. Life is too short to waste your time.'

oops... I posted my above reply to the wrong thread. Sorry folks.
--
John O.
There is no slack in light attack.

Midia

good camera, but get an olympus c5050 zoom.

-midia
www.midia.us

"vidhu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi ,
> I have no idea of digital camera and i am amature photographer. After
> small review a selected Sony CyberShot DSC-p10.
> Can anyone give me some comments on it
>
> thanks

MrMike

You might want to lurk around www.dpreview.com and other sites to pick up on
what other film users are saying about digital. Others include:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/
http://www.dcresource.com/
http://www.pcphotoreview.com/
http://www.imaging-resource.com/
http://www.digital-cameras-info.com/
http://www.megapixel.net/
http://www.robgalbraith.com/
http://www.fredmiranda.com/
http://www.outdooreyes.com/
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/

I prefer to read what many folks are saying, often seemingly unrelated
complaints and questions, and form my own opinions after studying the
features and specs. of competing items. I get a feel for real world
experiences that way.

YMMV

"vidhu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi ,
> I have no idea of digital camera and i am amature photographer. After
> small review a selected Sony CyberShot DSC-p10.
> Can anyone give me some comments on it
>
> thanks

JK

Midia wrote:

> good camera, but get an olympus c5050 zoom.

Why didn't you explain why they should get the C5050?
The P10 is cute, and handy to use in bright light, but
not so handy if you want to take photos at the telephoto
end indoors without using a flash or tripod. The P10 also
uses memory sticks and a proprietary battery, both
of which are expensive. The C5050 uses AA nimh
batteries(cheap) and compact flash(also cheap).

> -midia
> www.midia.us
>
> "vidhu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hi ,
> > I have no idea of digital camera and i am amature photographer. After
> > small review a selected Sony CyberShot DSC-p10.
> > Can anyone give me some comments on it
> >
> > thanks

JD

> Are you looking for a point and shoot? The Canon S400 and S50 are good
> choices. Also the Canon G5.

Too many problems with the G5 are starting to be reported as more people
have now had a chance to use and review it.

The G3 is superior in quality and costs less.

xyz

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 19:05:22 GMT, JD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Are you looking for a point and shoot? The Canon S400 and S50 are good
>> choices. Also the Canon G5.

>Too many problems with the G5 are starting to be reported as more people
>have now had a chance to use and review it.

I have read where many do not have a problem with the G5. The G3 is
cheaper though but I hear the faintest rumours (that's all it is) of a
G6 coming out late Fall. Of course, the 4MP G2 is a bargain if you
can find one. I have a G2. But if the G2 and G3 are priced similarly
or close enough I'd go for the G3 for its longer 4x zoom and bayonet
mounting system for add-on converters.

Oh, the S400 is a great little cam too. I use it as my
carry-everywhee digital camera.

>The G3 is superior in quality and costs less.

ElectricWind

"JD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Are you looking for a point and shoot? The Canon S400 and S50 are good
> > choices. Also the Canon G5.

> Too many problems with the G5 are starting to be reported as more people
> have now had a chance to use and review it.
>
> The G3 is superior in quality and costs less.

I just ordered the G5 from buydig.com