Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need help selecting first digital camera...

Need help selecting first digital camera...

Mansoor Siddiqui

Hello, this is my first time posting on this newsgroup.

Anyhoo, I've never owned a digital camera and I'm looking into buying one.
I've done a little research and I think 2MP should be good -- though 3
sounds nice. Since this camera is not for professional purposes at all, I
don't want to spend a great deal.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Which companies are the most
reliable? Any particular models that immediately come to mind for my
purposes?

Thanks everyone, greatly appreciated.

Bobby Walsh

"Mansoor Siddiqui" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SMs4b.51778$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> Hello, this is my first time posting on this newsgroup.
>
> Anyhoo, I've never owned a digital camera and I'm looking into buying one.
> I've done a little research and I think 2MP should be good -- though 3
> sounds nice. Since this camera is not for professional purposes at all, I
> don't want to spend a great deal.
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction? Which companies are the

most
> reliable? Any particular models that immediately come to mind for my
> purposes?
>
> Thanks everyone, greatly appreciated.

What is your budget like? In US dollars?

Stanley Krute

Hi Mansoor

Take a trip out to http://dpreview.com and
take a look at their excellent reviews.

I do recommend a 3MP camera; it'll let you
make lovely 5"x7" prints, and even reasonable
8"x10"s.

Happy imaging ....

Stan

Mansoor Siddiqui

My budget is about 300 US. I'll stretch it if I see a really good deal, but
I want to try to keep it low. I'm just a poor university student. >_<

"Bobby Walsh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Hst4b.41774$(E-Mail Removed). com...

> "Mansoor Siddiqui" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:SMs4b.51778$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> > Hello, this is my first time posting on this newsgroup.
> >
> > Anyhoo, I've never owned a digital camera and I'm looking into buying

one.
> > I've done a little research and I think 2MP should be good -- though 3
> > sounds nice. Since this camera is not for professional purposes at all,

> > don't want to spend a great deal.
> >
> > Could someone point me in the right direction? Which companies are the

> most
> > reliable? Any particular models that immediately come to mind for my
> > purposes?
> >
> > Thanks everyone, greatly appreciated.
> >

> What is your budget like? In US dollars?

Mansoor Siddiqui

Thanks a bunch, I'll take a look at the site.

news:Oyt4b.8606$(E-Mail Removed) et...