Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom

Reply
Thread Tools

The Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom

 
 
Ms. Jaime
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-31-2003
This is the one I purchased and I am enjoying it so far.

Will post pictures soon.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mike Graham
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-01-2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

> Does it have a filter thread, so you can attach a filter in
> front of the lens? Not important as long as you don't use
> filters, of course.


The C-700 series uses an extention tube much like the C-3000 series uses.
It's a CLA-4 instead of a CLA-1, if memory serves.

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Mike Graham | Metalworker, rustic, part-time zealot.
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) |
<http://www.metalmangler.com>| Caledon, Ontario, Canada

Lousy photographer with a really nice camera - Olympus C3020Zoom.
<http://www.metalmangler.com/photos/photos.htm>
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Hans-Georg Michna
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-01-2003
Mike Graham <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Hans-Georg Michna wrote:


>> Does it have a filter thread, so you can attach a filter in
>> front of the lens? Not important as long as you don't use
>> filters, of course.


> The C-700 series uses an extention tube much like the C-3000 series uses.
>It's a CLA-4 instead of a CLA-1, if memory serves.


Mike,

I don't know the C-3000 series.

Thanks, but at first sight your answer is not relevant to my
question. I was asking for a filter thread, not for an extension
tube. I also don't know what CLA-1 or CLA-4 means.

I guess though that the extension tube, whatever it extends, has
a filter thread.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ms. Jaime
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-01-2003
On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 14:10:52 +0200, Hans-Georg Michna
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>Does it have a filter thread, so you can attach a filter in
>front of the lens?


I never looked for those before but I don't see any threads on it.

Anyway here is the website page that will give you a closer look

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...=2&product=910
Ms.Jaime

'If at first you don't succeed, **** on it and go on
to something else. Life is too short to waste your time.'


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Graham
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

>> The C-700 series uses an extention tube much like the C-3000 series uses.
>>It's a CLA-4 instead of a CLA-1, if memory serves.

>
> Mike,
>
> I don't know the C-3000 series.
>
> Thanks, but at first sight your answer is not relevant to my
> question. I was asking for a filter thread, not for an extension
> tube. I also don't know what CLA-1 or CLA-4 means.
>
> I guess though that the extension tube, whatever it extends, has
> a filter thread.


Correct. The end of the lens has no filter thread. You use an extension
tube which has a filter thread on the end. When you attach the extension
tube with the filter on the end it forms a 'tunnel' for the lens to extend
and retract in. I don't know of any Olympus cameras that have threads on
the end of retractable lenses.

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Mike Graham | Metalworker, rustic, part-time zealot.
(E-Mail Removed) |
<http://www.metalmangler.com>| Caledon, Ontario, Canada

Lousy photographer with a really nice camera - Olympus C3020Zoom.
<http://www.metalmangler.com/photos/photos.htm>
 
Reply With Quote
 
Hans-Georg Michna
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2003
Mike Graham <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Correct. The end of the lens has no filter thread. You use an extension
>tube which has a filter thread on the end. When you attach the extension
>tube with the filter on the end it forms a 'tunnel' for the lens to extend
>and retract in. I don't know of any Olympus cameras that have threads on
>the end of retractable lenses.


Mike,

thanks for the info. It seems that this design is popular among
digital camera makers. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1 with its 12x
zoom also has such a tube with a filter thread.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Hans-Georg Michna
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2003
Ms. Jaime <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...=2&product=910
>Ms.Jaime


A fine camera indeed! I've used its lowly brother, the C-720,
for a day and also found it nice.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rooker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2003
>Mike Graham <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

>
>>> Does it have a filter thread, so you can attach a filter in
>>> front of the lens? Not important as long as you don't use
>>> filters, of course.

>
>> The C-700 series uses an extention tube much like the C-3000 series uses.
>>It's a CLA-4 instead of a CLA-1, if memory serves.

>
>Mike,
>
>I don't know the C-3000 series.
>
>Thanks, but at first sight your answer is not relevant to my
>question. I was asking for a filter thread, not for an extension
>tube. I also don't know what CLA-1 or CLA-4 means.
>
>I guess though that the extension tube, whatever it extends, has
>a filter thread.
>
>Hans-Georg


The 700 series (like the 2000, 3000, 4000 etc) has an extending lens.
In order to attach anything you have to buy an extension tube (CLA-X)
that screws onto the camera body at one end and has threads for the
filters, lenses, etc on the other end.


Rooker
"If it weren't for physics, and the cops, I'd be unstoppable!"
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems with Olympus C-2100 Ultra Zoom MaryL Digital Photography 6 12-24-2004 10:41 AM
Olympus C-770 Ultra Zoom your thoughts on it ? OCZ Guy Digital Photography 5 08-29-2004 05:05 PM
Review: Olympus C-765 and C-770 Ultra Zoom Thad Digital Photography 0 05-16-2004 05:25 AM
Sandisk Ultra II, "new" Ultra, "original " Ultra Eberhard Funke Digital Photography 0 01-13-2004 04:35 PM
Feedback on the Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom please Phil Digital Photography 3 10-26-2003 08:55 AM



Advertisments