Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus E-10 Remote-Cable release

Olympus E-10 Remote-Cable release

Skybums

Hi

Im looking for info, on the 3 pins on the camera wich is used for cable
release.

I need to know, wich is focus, release and "ground" ?

Do anyone know if it is possible to buy the plug only for the camera, since
i dont need the remote control itself ?

Thanks
Allan

mcgyverjones

"Skybums" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f51e75b$0$6812$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi
>
> Im looking for info, on the 3 pins on the camera wich is used for cable
> release.
>
> I need to know, wich is focus, release and "ground" ?
>
> Do anyone know if it is possible to buy the plug only for the camera,

since
> i dont need the remote control itself ?

I think the plug is proprietary so probably not available on it's own. I
don't have my meter at home but if you don't have a definite answer on the
pinouts by Tues I'll let you know then.
I can tell you that the wires inside are black (common), brown (focus) and
red (release) in case you are planning to cut it.

As an aside, I once adapted a similar cable for a Nikon MD-12 drive and used
a 1/8" stereo jack to adapt it to a cheap polaroid radio remote. Worked
really well.

MJ

Skybums

Sounds great

Thanks

"mcgyverjones" <mcgyverjones(spamout)@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:w7r4b.126$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Skybums" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f51e75b$0$6812$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Hi
> >
> > Im looking for info, on the 3 pins on the camera wich is used for cable
> > release.
> >
> > I need to know, wich is focus, release and "ground" ?
> >
> > Do anyone know if it is possible to buy the plug only for the camera,

> since
> > i dont need the remote control itself ?
> >

> I think the plug is proprietary so probably not available on it's own. I
> don't have my meter at home but if you don't have a definite answer on the
> pinouts by Tues I'll let you know then.
> I can tell you that the wires inside are black (common), brown (focus) and
> red (release) in case you are planning to cut it.
>
> As an aside, I once adapted a similar cable for a Nikon MD-12 drive and

used
> a 1/8" stereo jack to adapt it to a cheap polaroid radio remote. Worked
> really well.
>
> MJ

mcgyverjones

"Skybums" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f51e75b$0$6812$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi
>
> Im looking for info, on the 3 pins on the camera wich is used for cable
> release.
>
> I need to know, wich is focus, release and "ground" ?

Ok, here's the pinout info for CB-1 cable:

3

2 1
"

As on camera socket ( " is the index notch on the bottom)

1 - brown wire, focus
2 - red wire, shutter
3 - black wire, common

Note that the release itself is a two-stage leaf-switch, so the focus
touches the common which then touches shutter, so all three are in contact
at release.

MJ