Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > mod rewrite

mod rewrite

Marcel Kraan (kraan.net)

I have a movie download site and what i need is that if users are
linking my files
(like http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/bmx/jib.mpg)
that they come to a page for the download. Like this
http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/dow...lename=jib.mpg

So i don't want direct linking but always via the download.cgi

If i'am using this .htaccess (below) it seems to work but..
I could not save the files anymore the filenames are changed
from jib.mpg to jib.mpg.html
And i could only save HTML
Maby because 'downloading' is for every user a external link???

Does someone have a solution?
please email me also..

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.eengoedidee.nl.* [NC]