Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 10D & 300D differences?

Canon 10D & 300D differences?

Randall Ainsworth

> If you're gonna hang around here (or any newsgroup for that matter,) you
> gotta get a thicker skin. My comment was that you demonstrated why a
> consumer grade DSLR doesn't have a PC connector -- because you don't
> even know what it is, therefore you have no use for it. No one was
> laughing at you. We were simply commenting on how far down the line of
> expertise the Digital Rebel is bringing digital SLRs. I think it's great
> and it is something that many here have been predicting for some time
> now. No offense was intended.

I laughed at him.

Todd Walker

In article <300820031822598684%(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > If you're gonna hang around here (or any newsgroup for that matter,) you
> > gotta get a thicker skin. My comment was that you demonstrated why a
> > consumer grade DSLR doesn't have a PC connector -- because you don't
> > even know what it is, therefore you have no use for it. No one was
> > laughing at you. We were simply commenting on how far down the line of
> > expertise the Digital Rebel is bringing digital SLRs. I think it's great
> > and it is something that many here have been predicting for some time
> > now. No offense was intended.

> I laughed at him.

OK, nobody but Randall was laughing at you.

--
________________________________
Todd Walker

Triple T

LMAO no problem Todd. I do have thick skin but also like to dish alittle out
myself

I guess to answer your last post, Just because i dont know what it is doesnt
mean i cant learn to use it. Does everyone that buys a dslr or slr already
know everything about it? I doubt it. I've had 3 digital camera's and still
learning new things but i'm going for a dslr next and will continue to learn
new stuff.

No offense taken, its all good.

"Todd Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <%z94b.1000$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Well i'm glad ya all had a good laugh at my expense, keeps ya from

laughing
> > at someone else i guess. Never even seeing a SLR or having one i would

have
> > guessed a PC connection was someway to connect it to a PC. Like a USB or
> > firewire. Made sense to me anyway. Maybe someday i'll be as smart as you
> > fellows.
> >

> If you're gonna hang around here (or any newsgroup for that matter,) you
> gotta get a thicker skin. My comment was that you demonstrated why a
> consumer grade DSLR doesn't have a PC connector -- because you don't
> even know what it is, therefore you have no use for it. No one was
> laughing at you. We were simply commenting on how far down the line of
> expertise the Digital Rebel is bringing digital SLRs. I think it's great
> and it is something that many here have been predicting for some time
> now. No offense was intended.
>
> --
> ________________________________
> Todd Walker
> http://twalker.d2g.com
> Canon 10D:
> http://twalker.d2g.com/canon10d
> My Digital Photography Weblog:
> http://twalker.d2g.com/dpblog.htm
> _________________________________

Alan F Cross

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Todd
Walker <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>In article <%z94b.1000$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Well i'm glad ya all had a good laugh at my expense, keeps ya from laughing
>> at someone else i guess. Never even seeing a SLR or having one i would have
>> guessed a PC connection was someway to connect it to a PC. Like a USB or
>> firewire. Made sense to me anyway. Maybe someday i'll be as smart as you
>> fellows.
>>

>If you're gonna hang around here (or any newsgroup for that matter,) you
>gotta get a thicker skin. My comment was that you demonstrated why a
>consumer grade DSLR doesn't have a PC connector -- because you don't
>even know what it is, therefore you have no use for it. No one was
>laughing at you. We were simply commenting on how far down the line of
>expertise the Digital Rebel is bringing digital SLRs. I think it's great
>and it is something that many here have been predicting for some time
>now. No offense was intended.

OK, who's smart enough to know what 'PC' actually stands for, as the
name for the flash connector?
--
Alan F Cross

David J. Littleboy

"Alan F Cross" <(E-Mail Removed)> asked:

> OK, who's smart enough to know what 'PC' actually stands for, as the
> name for the flash connector?

More a matter of age than smarts. Pin-cylinder connector.

David J. Littleboy
(E-Mail Removed)
Tokyo, Japan

Alan F Cross

In message <bj1t44$8fr$(E-Mail Removed)>, David J. Littleboy
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>"Alan F Cross" <(E-Mail Removed)> asked:
>
>> OK, who's smart enough to know what 'PC' actually stands for, as the
>> name for the flash connector?

>More a matter of age than smarts. Pin-cylinder connector.
>
>David J. Littleboy
>(E-Mail Removed)
>Tokyo, Japan

I'm probably as old as you, if not older - and now I am also wiser than
I was, thanks!
--
Alan F Cross

JPS@no.komm

In message <5cDhQbG4PGV$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Alan F Cross <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>OK, who's smart enough to know what 'PC' actually stands for, as the
>name for the flash connector?

Such specific knowledge has nothing at all to do with being smart. Any
moron could know what "PC" stands for, and a genius could have never
heard of it.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>

JPS@no.komm

"David J. Littleboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Alan F Cross" <(E-Mail Removed)> asked:
>
>> OK, who's smart enough to know what 'PC' actually stands for, as the
>> name for the flash connector?

>More a matter of age than smarts. Pin-cylinder connector.

Age and hobby.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

Randall Ainsworth

> Such specific knowledge has nothing at all to do with being smart. Any
> moron could know what "PC" stands for, and a genius could have never
> heard of it.

I have to confess I didn't know what the acronym meant, but I knew it
was for an external flash and had nothing to do with a computer.
That's all I need to know.

Alan F Cross

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
writes
>In message <5cDhQbG4PGV$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>Alan F Cross <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>OK, who's smart enough to know what 'PC' actually stands for, as the
>>name for the flash connector?

>Such specific knowledge has nothing at all to do with being smart. Any
>moron could know what "PC" stands for, and a genius could have never
>heard of it.

....So I guess YOU didn't know, then?
--
AC