Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Put Jpeg's on DVD view on television

Reply
Thread Tools

Put Jpeg's on DVD view on television

 
 
Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-29-2003
How long does it take to view a jpeg on TV reading it from a DVD, Picture
size 3mb

Thanks,
Tim


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Not Very
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-29-2003
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:00:40 GMT, "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> How long does it take to view a jpeg on TV reading it from a DVD, Picture
> size 3mb


That depends upon the player. In the case of my JVC DVD player, it would take
at least 60 seconds to display.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Not Very
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-29-2003
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:00:40 GMT, "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> How long does it take to view a jpeg on TV reading it from a DVD, Picture
> size 3mb


That depends upon the player. In the case of my JVC DVD player, it would take
at least 60 seconds to display.

Your best method would be to reduce the size of the image to, say, 640 x 480.
The TV will still display the image fine and rapidly. You will also be able to
fit a heap more images on the disc.

 
Reply With Quote
 
MJ@MJ.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-29-2003
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 22:09:17 +1000, Not Very <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:00:40 GMT, "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> How long does it take to view a jpeg on TV reading it from a DVD, Picture
>> size 3mb

>
>That depends upon the player. In the case of my JVC DVD player, it would take
>at least 60 seconds to display.
>
>Your best method would be to reduce the size of the image to, say, 640 x 480.
>The TV will still display the image fine and rapidly. You will also be able to
>fit a heap more images on the disc.



And your very best method would be to use Ulead DVD Picture Show 2.

MJ
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jason O'Rourke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-29-2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> How long does it take to view a jpeg on TV reading it from a DVD, Picture
>>> size 3mb

>>That depends upon the player. In the case of my JVC DVD player, it would take
>>at least 60 seconds to display.

>
>And your very best method would be to use Ulead DVD Picture Show 2.


Man, if it takes 60 seconds to render the real image, damn straight
you'd be better off switching to a dvd creator like Picture Show.
Instantaneous display.

--
Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
MJ@MJ.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-31-2003
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:52:18 +0000 (UTC), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(Jason O'Rourke) wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>> How long does it take to view a jpeg on TV reading it from a DVD, Picture
>>>> size 3mb
>>>That depends upon the player. In the case of my JVC DVD player, it would take
>>>at least 60 seconds to display.

>>
>>And your very best method would be to use Ulead DVD Picture Show 2.

>
>Man, if it takes 60 seconds to render the real image, damn straight
>you'd be better off switching to a dvd creator like Picture Show.
>Instantaneous display.


I should add that DVD Picture show also puts images on to CDs, so,
provided your dvd player can play svcds (which any half respectable
player does), then you don't need a dvd burner. Just a normal cd
burner. The image quality is excellent, even on a 42in plasma. You can
get 100s of images on a 650/700mb cd, and it's quick to create the
disc. I've tried about 6 progs that do this job and the Ulead one
kicked the crap out of them all.

MJ
 
Reply With Quote
 
BLueCoBra
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-01-2003

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:52:18 +0000 (UTC), (E-Mail Removed)
> (Jason O'Rourke) wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, <(E-Mail Removed)>

wrote:
> >>>> How long does it take to view a jpeg on TV reading it from a DVD,

Picture
> >>>> size 3mb
> >>>That depends upon the player. In the case of my JVC DVD player, it

would take
> >>>at least 60 seconds to display.
> >>
> >>And your very best method would be to use Ulead DVD Picture Show 2.

> >
> >Man, if it takes 60 seconds to render the real image, damn straight
> >you'd be better off switching to a dvd creator like Picture Show.
> >Instantaneous display.

>
> I should add that DVD Picture show also puts images on to CDs, so,
> provided your dvd player can play svcds (which any half respectable
> player does), then you don't need a dvd burner. Just a normal cd
> burner. The image quality is excellent, even on a 42in plasma. You can
> get 100s of images on a 650/700mb cd, and it's quick to create the
> disc. I've tried about 6 progs that do this job and the Ulead one
> kicked the crap out of them all.
>
> MJ


Just curious if one of those 6 progs was Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 and
if it was, what was your opinon of it?
TIA

BLueCoBra
--
A computer once beat in a game of chess.
But it was no match for me in kick boxing.


 
Reply With Quote
 
MJ@MJ.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-01-2003
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:25:35 -0400, "BLueCoBra"
<bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote:


>>
>> I should add that DVD Picture show also puts images on to CDs, so,
>> provided your dvd player can play svcds (which any half respectable
>> player does), then you don't need a dvd burner. Just a normal cd
>> burner. The image quality is excellent, even on a 42in plasma. You can
>> get 100s of images on a 650/700mb cd, and it's quick to create the
>> disc. I've tried about 6 progs that do this job and the Ulead one
>> kicked the crap out of them all.
>>
>> MJ

>
>Just curious if one of those 6 progs was Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 and
>if it was, what was your opinon of it?
>TIA
>
>BLueCoBra


No. I haven't had Easy CD on my pc for years. Nero and Winoncd were
the only burning progs that I tried. Both good burning progs but not
so good at picture shows, although Winoncd wasn't too bad.

MJ
 
Reply With Quote
 
wally
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-01-2003
Still photos on a DVD are going to have at best 720x480 pixels.

This would make a really crappy 4x6 inch print, why do you think it would look
decent blown up to 17" or more on a TV set?

--wally.
 
Reply With Quote
 
wally
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2003
In article <bj2lsn$19tp$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) (Jason O'Rourke) wrote:
>wally <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Still photos on a DVD are going to have at best 720x480 pixels.
>>
>>This would make a really crappy 4x6 inch print, why do you think it would look

>
>>decent blown up to 17" or more on a TV set?

>
>people manage to deal with watching DVDs at this resolution.
>

Motion vs stills.

Resize an image to 720 x 480 and display it full screen on your 15-17" monitor
it'll pretty much look like crap. Bigger on a TV set won't help.

Now when HDTV gets common and you can display 1940x1080 pixel images
it might be tolerable, but DVD players won't output this resolution,
we'll need some thing like CF to HDTV adapters.

1280x1024 images full screen on a 17" LCD look pretty decent, so perhaps a
memory card to HDTV device will work -- there are tons of memory card to TV
converters, many cameras have a TV out, I'd suggest you at least look at some
jpeg still images on the TV to see if they are "good enough" before going
thru the expense and hassle of putting stills on a DVD. I did, hence my why
bother comment.

But there remains a problem with portrait format images -- can't very well
turn the TV on its side every few frames.

--wally.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie Needs Help Connecting DVD to MsnTV & New Television Whole Earth DVD Video 0 12-31-2004 10:35 PM
Television Episodes on DVD - compress? Atreju DVD Video 22 10-21-2004 10:13 PM
How to make a week view and day view calendar just like month view calendar in .NET ? Parthiv Joshi ASP .Net Web Controls 1 07-06-2004 03:15 PM
HELP! poor DVD playback quality on television David Brooks DVD Video 1 12-24-2003 08:57 PM
Why hasn't the classic television Superman made it to DVD? anthony DVD Video 12 11-20-2003 04:50 PM



Advertisments