Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Anybody use one of these for converting slides to digital?

Anybody use one of these for converting slides to digital?

Tom Shellberg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0109&category=
30070

It looks like it may work, as long as the lens on my Dimage 7i can focus
that close.Maybe the lens on the end of the tube is to give more mag and
change the focal distance?...Any one tried this?

--
Tom Shellberg
www.shellberg.com

Aaron Bredon

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:40:35 +0000, Tom Shellberg wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0109&category=
> 30070
>
> It looks like it may work, as long as the lens on my Dimage 7i can focus
> that close.Maybe the lens on the end of the tube is to give more mag and
> change the focal distance?...Any one tried this?

That looks like the Ohnar Digital Slide Duplicator sold for $70 as item
10-0845 at www.porterscamerastore.com
http://makeashorterlink.com/?I25431CB5

Marvin Margoshes

"Tom Shellberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93E58B1F7F182tshellbergmicrolabne@10.10.1. 1...
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0109&category=
> 30070
>
> It looks like it may work, as long as the lens on my Dimage 7i can focus
> that close.Maybe the lens on the end of the tube is to give more mag and
> change the focal distance?...Any one tried this?
>
> --
> Tom Shellberg
> www.shellberg.com

Gadgets like this work, but a scanner works better - at a higher price. A
scanner will usually give you more detail in the image.