Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The Biggest Digital Camera in the World.

The Biggest Digital Camera in the World.

AnOvercomer

The Hubble telescope. Here is a pic. taken with it of Mars.
http://marsrelease.stsci.edu/db/2003...s/full_jpg.jpg

Today was supposed to be the closest it's been to Earth in 60,000 years,
the same day the Ten Commandments monument was moved in Alabama. The
Earth was created about 6,000 years ago so I doubt any man has seen Mars
this close to Earth before.

Cody H.

Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in
the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the
sea and the waves roaring.

http://community.webtv.net/AnOvercomer02/Truth

daytripper

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:18:57 -0500 (CDT), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(AnOvercomer) wrote:

>The Hubble telescope. Here is a pic. taken with it of Mars.
>http://marsrelease.stsci.edu/db/2003...s/full_jpg.jpg
>
>Today was supposed to be the closest it's been to Earth in 60,000 years,
>the same day the Ten Commandments monument was moved in Alabama. The
>Earth was created about 6,000 years ago so I doubt any man has seen Mars
>this close to Earth before.

Holy Crap! Is that Chromatic Aberration?

Lionel

Word has it that on Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:18:57 -0500 (CDT), in this
august forum, (E-Mail Removed) (AnOvercomer) said:

>The Hubble telescope. Here is a pic. taken with it of Mars.
>http://marsrelease.stsci.edu/db/2003...s/full_jpg.jpg
>
>Today was supposed to be the closest it's been to Earth in 60,000 years,
>the same day the Ten Commandments monument was moved in Alabama.

Well yeah, *obviously* the position of Mars relative to Earth is going
to be affected by the actions of some cretinous religious bigot in an
American hick town.

<quietly hums "Dueling Banjos">

Bryce

6,000 years?

You are a loser!

PETERWOJ

>Holy Crap! Is that Chromatic Aberration?

I believe that would be Mars atmosphere, not CA. Mars atmosphere which is many
times thinner than Earth and consists mostly carbon dioxide would create that
blue halo around planet. Also I believe space telescope uses monochrome camera
which has color filters in front of it so the color picture you see is probably
composite of 3 exposures corrected and alligned by computer, therefore any CA
errors should not be present.

Douglas Whittaker

> I believe that would be Mars atmosphere, not CA. Mars atmosphere which is many
> times thinner than Earth and consists mostly carbon dioxide would create that
> blue halo around planet.

Don't be so sure! All the things I was taught about Mars in school is now
considered all bullshit, as they keep changing their minds all the time. You are
just repeating what is being said now, and 10 years from now all that will be
changed again.

I would not be surprised to find out that Mars has the same air as we do, and the
same basic temperatures as our planet does. I don't know this, but have noticed
that we are getting closer and closer to that result every time the story about
Mars changes. At the rate the information we are being told is changing and the
direction it is being changed, it looks like that is what we may end up being told
in the near future.

daytripper

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:43:09 GMT, Douglas Whittaker <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> I believe that would be Mars atmosphere, not CA. Mars atmosphere which is many
>> times thinner than Earth and consists mostly carbon dioxide would create that
>> blue halo around planet.

>Don't be so sure! All the things I was taught about Mars in school is now
>considered all bullshit, as they keep changing their minds all the time. You are
>just repeating what is being said now, and 10 years from now all that will be
>changed again.
>
>I would not be surprised to find out that Mars has the same air as we do, and the
>same basic temperatures as our planet does. I don't know this, but have noticed
>that we are getting closer and closer to that result every time the story about
>Mars changes. At the rate the information we are being told is changing and the
>direction it is being changed, it looks like that is what we may end up being told
>in the near future.

Truly spoken. The ice caps that were for so long assumed to be mostly frozen
CO2 turned out to be mostly H2O, for instance...

Chris McBrien

"Scott Elliot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bto3b.38283$(E-Mail Removed) >...
> "Lionel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Word has it that on Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:18:57 -0500 (CDT), in this
> > august forum, (E-Mail Removed) (AnOvercomer) said:
> >
> > >The Hubble telescope. Here is a pic. taken with it of Mars.
> > >http://marsrelease.stsci.edu/db/2003...s/full_jpg.jpg
> > >
> > >Today was supposed to be the closest it's been to Earth in 60,000 years,
> > >the same day the Ten Commandments monument was moved in Alabama.

> > Well yeah, *obviously* the position of Mars relative to Earth is going
> > to be affected by the actions of some cretinous religious bigot in an
> > American hick town.
> >

> Obviously you haven't studied astrology or you would know that the position
> of the planets and stars control the actions of mankind. Neither the people
> supporting nor the people opposing the movement have any control over their
> actions.
>
> Please excuse me while I stretch my other leg. ;<)

...or as John Cleese, of Monty Python fame, would have said....
...and several Butcher's aprons.

Chris.

Charles Robinson

Douglas Whittaker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: Any primitive people are sure not to be announced in our lifetimes considering t
: he hold
: religion and the church still has on science.

Oh my goodness... Got the tin-foil hat on a little tight today? This is
ridiculous.

-Charles

--
Charles Robinson
Eagan, MN

blech

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:18:57 -0500 (CDT), (E-Mail Removed)
> (AnOvercomer) wrote:
>

> >Earth was created about 6,000 years ago so I doubt any man has seen Mars
> >this close to Earth before.

> I believe you have made an error with this figure.
>
> MJ

How so? Tell us, without a doubt, how old earth is. Let us know
the exact age, not an estimate based on a dating metheod that was
devised by the estimator or someone else. You can't. It's ALL estimates
and theory.