Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > I am interested in some constructive critiques.

Reply
Thread Tools

I am interested in some constructive critiques.

 
 
Steven C \(Doktersteve\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2003
I am wondering how I can go about getting them.
I know that photos posted here are often torn apart, and since this is a
forum dedicated mainly to photo gear, etc it makes sense in a way that this
is the case.

I have a little over 100 shots up on my deviantart site (which I have taken
out of my signature for this post as I dont want to SPAM the group here),
and I would like to get a critique of my work so I can know where to go from
where I am at now.

Any suggestions on how to go about this?
Thanks.

-Steven.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
wREN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2003
> I am wondering how I can go about getting them.

By asking some professionals for them rather than asking some kooks on
newsgroups.

> I know that photos posted here are often torn apart,


So you know better than to expect anything better if you repeat history again,
right?

> I have a little over 100 shots up on my deviantart site (which I have taken
> out of my signature for this post as I dont want to SPAM the group here),
> and I would like to get a critique of my work so I can know where to go from
> where I am at now.
>
> Any suggestions on how to go about this?
> Thanks.


Do NOT post the link to that site here, do a search for some photo
professionals, teachers, magazines, etc. than try to contact someone from there
and see if they would give you some comments on your photos. But keep in
mind, any comments from ANYONE is really going to be worthless as it is all a
matter of personal preference and tastes. Who cares what other people think,
they won't be looking at your photos, YOU will.

Ask YOURSELF what you think about your photos and do what makes you happy.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jean Craz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2003
Good sound advice!

wREN wrote:

> > I am wondering how I can go about getting them.

>
> By asking some professionals for them rather than asking some kooks on
> newsgroups.
>
> > I know that photos posted here are often torn apart,

>
> So you know better than to expect anything better if you repeat history again,
> right?
>
> > I have a little over 100 shots up on my deviantart site (which I have taken
> > out of my signature for this post as I dont want to SPAM the group here),
> > and I would like to get a critique of my work so I can know where to go from
> > where I am at now.
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to go about this?
> > Thanks.

>
> Do NOT post the link to that site here, do a search for some photo
> professionals, teachers, magazines, etc. than try to contact someone from there
> and see if they would give you some comments on your photos. But keep in
> mind, any comments from ANYONE is really going to be worthless as it is all a
> matter of personal preference and tastes. Who cares what other people think,
> they won't be looking at your photos, YOU will.
>
> Ask YOURSELF what you think about your photos and do what makes you happy.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jean Craz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2003
> Had you considered joining a local photographic club?

That's funny! Are there really such things or was that a joke? I can't
imaging a club for photography, let alone there being local chapters too.

My sides are hurting!


 
Reply With Quote
 
Whatevah
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2003
I know many people here aren't found of this site... but photosig.com can be
useful...

photosig has gone through some changes, and I feel it runs a little better
than it used to. there is a posting limit, however... 1 image per every 72
hours, I think. www.photosig.com when you register, you'll need to use
the limited access code to join. then, post your own critiques of existing
images, before you can upload a file.


--
Jerry
www.whatevah.com / jerry at whatevah dot com
(spambait http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) )

"Steven C (Doktersteve)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:wq73b.859631$(E-Mail Removed). ca...
> I am wondering how I can go about getting them.
> I know that photos posted here are often torn apart, and since this is a
> forum dedicated mainly to photo gear, etc it makes sense in a way that

this
> is the case.
>
> I have a little over 100 shots up on my deviantart site (which I have

taken
> out of my signature for this post as I dont want to SPAM the group here),
> and I would like to get a critique of my work so I can know where to go

from
> where I am at now.
>
> Any suggestions on how to go about this?
> Thanks.
>
> -Steven



 
Reply With Quote
 
Charles Schuler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2003

"Jean Craz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good sound advice!


Ditto!


 
Reply With Quote
 
Steven C \(Doktersteve\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-28-2003
that sounds promising.
and i appreciate all the other advice, thanks alot everyone!

-Steven.

"Whatevah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bij5bu$9vacb$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I know many people here aren't found of this site... but photosig.com can

be
> useful...
>
> photosig has gone through some changes, and I feel it runs a little better
> than it used to. there is a posting limit, however... 1 image per every 72
> hours, I think. www.photosig.com when you register, you'll need to use
> the limited access code to join. then, post your own critiques of

existing
> images, before you can upload a file.
>
>
> --
> Jerry
> www.whatevah.com / jerry at whatevah dot com
> (spambait (E-Mail Removed) )
>
> "Steven C (Doktersteve)" <(E-Mail Removed)>

wrote
> in message news:wq73b.859631$(E-Mail Removed). ca...
> > I am wondering how I can go about getting them.
> > I know that photos posted here are often torn apart, and since this is a
> > forum dedicated mainly to photo gear, etc it makes sense in a way that

> this
> > is the case.
> >
> > I have a little over 100 shots up on my deviantart site (which I have

> taken
> > out of my signature for this post as I dont want to SPAM the group

here),
> > and I would like to get a critique of my work so I can know where to go

> from
> > where I am at now.
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to go about this?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > -Steven

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jeff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-28-2003
http://www.zuga.net/forums/

Then go to the print room.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xah's Edu Corner: Criticism vs Constructive Criticism Xah Lee Java 62 05-24-2006 11:43 AM
OT; however, this group has always been invaluable in providing constructive answers Martin Computer Support 6 04-17-2005 03:36 PM
Any chance of some constructive criticism? John HTML 29 01-21-2005 12:42 AM
Nikon users may be interested in this - especially if interested in D70 MB Digital Photography 0 02-26-2004 07:43 AM
Simple idiots website - Constructive comments welcomed Chris Newey Computer Support 14 01-12-2004 06:38 PM



Advertisments