Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Is the Canon Powershot G3 any Good?

Is the Canon Powershot G3 any Good?

Dr. Slick

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting the Canon powershot G3, it seems to get very good
ratings.

I'm gonna be doing glamour and fashion photography with models, and
taking photos of my paintings.

Will it be easy to transfer the photoshop images to slides?

Or should i get a dedicated 35mm for the slides?

Slick

John O.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of getting the Canon powershot G3, it seems to get very good
> ratings.
>
> I'm gonna be doing glamour and fashion photography with models, and
> taking photos of my paintings.
>
> Will it be easy to transfer the photoshop images to slides?
>
> Or should i get a dedicated 35mm for the slides?
>

> Slick

Sorry..... what does the G3 have to do with photoshop and slides?

--
John O.
There is no slack in light attack.

Curt

(E-Mail Removed) (Dr. Slick) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of getting the Canon powershot G3, it seems to get very good
> ratings.
>
> I'm gonna be doing glamour and fashion photography with models, and
> taking photos of my paintings.
>
> Will it be easy to transfer the photoshop images to slides?
>
> Or should i get a dedicated 35mm for the slides?
>

> Slick

If you are thinking about slides as in slide film, yes.
You are better of with a analog camera for that.
If you want to transfer them to powerpoint slides that is very easy.

/Curt

Winston

(E-Mail Removed) (Dr. Slick) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of getting the Canon powershot G3, it seems to get very good
> ratings.
>
> I'm gonna be doing glamour and fashion photography with models, and
> taking photos of my paintings.
>
> Will it be easy to transfer the photoshop images to slides?
>
> Or should i get a dedicated 35mm for the slides?
>

> Slick

Get a digital SLR. You won't like the background ALWAYS being in focus
shooting models.....unless you only shoot in a studio, then it's fine.

smitty

> Get a digital SLR. You won't like the background ALWAYS being in focus
> shooting models.....unless you only shoot in a studio, then it's fine.

The G3 can make the background out of focus too, if that is what you want. You can change the aperture
on it, or use the automatic "portrait" mode setting.

Dr. Slick

John O. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) nk.net>...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm thinking of getting the Canon powershot G3, it seems to get very good
> > ratings.
> >
> > I'm gonna be doing glamour and fashion photography with models, and
> > taking photos of my paintings.
> >
> > Will it be easy to transfer the photoshop images to slides?
> >
> > Or should i get a dedicated 35mm for the slides?
> >

> > Slick
> >

> Sorry..... what does the G3 have to do with photoshop and slides?

Well, i'm gonna have to download it to something, right?

Slick

Dr. Slick

(E-Mail Removed) (Winston) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...

> Get a digital SLR. You won't like the background ALWAYS being in focus
> shooting models.....unless you only shoot in a studio, then it's fine.

I appologize, i know next to nothing about cameras.

That's a single lens reflex eh? Why won't the Powershot G3 let
me blur the background if i want?

Can you recomend a model? Brand?

Slick

reg-john

"Dr. Slick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Curt) wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> > (E-Mail Removed) (Dr. Slick) wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm thinking of getting the Canon powershot G3, it seems to get

very good
> > > ratings.
> > >
> > > I'm gonna be doing glamour and fashion photography with models,

and
> > > taking photos of my paintings.
> > >
> > > Will it be easy to transfer the photoshop images to slides?
> > >
> > > Or should i get a dedicated 35mm for the slides?
> > >

> > > Slick

> > If you are thinking about slides as in slide film, yes.
> > You are better of with a analog camera for that.
> > If you want to transfer them to powerpoint slides that is very easy.
> >
> > /Curt

> Yeah, 35mm slide transparencies, the stuff art galleries usually
> want.
>
> But supposedly you can send a CD of your digital files to a lab
> that will make slides out of them. Is this really expensive?

whats the point? just buy a film SLR, youll get better results for what you
want.