Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Photoshop course. Please advise

Re: Photoshop course. Please advise

smitty

> I have ancient Photoshop 5.0 installed on my computer and have no clue how
> to use it.

Open a photo file with it, then start trying out the filters and changing the
slider controls, you will see instantly how it works. Then UNDO from the
edit menu, and try the next thing.

Terry

I got a photo in the program, clicked on something, and the picture became
horribly grainy and the colors were off. Then I could not get it back the
way it was and had to exit the program. Plus there are all of those icons on
the side. I can't make anyof them work. I need somebody to show me how to
work this thing.
"smitty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have ancient Photoshop 5.0 installed on my computer and have no clue

how
> > to use it.

> Open a photo file with it, then start trying out the filters and changing

the
> slider controls, you will see instantly how it works. Then UNDO from

the
> edit menu, and try the next thing.

Kipling

You need to take the class, no matter which one you decide to take. I would
personally go for the newest version. But if you're that intimidated by it,
go for the 5.0 class. I don't know what else anybody could to tell you. I
dont think were going to teach you the class through this newsgroup. Sorry

"Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I got a photo in the program, clicked on something, and the picture became
> horribly grainy and the colors were off. Then I could not get it back the
> way it was and had to exit the program. Plus there are all of those icons

on
> the side. I can't make anyof them work. I need somebody to show me how

> work this thing.
> "smitty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have ancient Photoshop 5.0 installed on my computer and have no clue

> how
> > > to use it.

> > Open a photo file with it, then start trying out the filters and

changing
> the
> > slider controls, you will see instantly how it works. Then UNDO from

> the
> > edit menu, and try the next thing.

Kipling

No ****! I was being facetious. He did say he WAS going to take a class and
wasnt sure which one. I simply said it doesnt matter which one as long as he
takes it. After the response to your post that he made, it seems like he
needs it.

"smitty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You need to take the class, no matter which one you decide to take.

> Bull. I never took any class. Just like any other windows based

program,
> you can just figure it out by using it. The help menu is where it always

is to
> answer any questions for any problems you have along the way.

Carl Miller

On August 26 2003, smitty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Open a photo file with it, then start trying out the filters and
> changing the slider controls, you will see instantly how it works.
> Then UNDO from the edit menu, and try the next thing.

What's that?! "Just mess around with it until you figure it out?!"
That'll NEVER DO!!!

Karen Weissman

> > Open a photo file with it, then start trying out the filters and
> > changing the slider controls, you will see instantly how it works.
> > Then UNDO from the edit menu, and try the next thing.

> What's that?! "Just mess around with it until you figure it out?!"
> That'll NEVER DO!!!

That is how we figure out all software, isn't it? Who takes classes to
learn how to use software? Once you have used one program, all the
others are set up pretty much the same, with the exact same way to search
through the help menus if you can't figure something out.

You see a scissors, you figure it is for cutting, You see a color bar
from red to yellow, you figure it boosts or cuts those colors, etc., etc.

I never took a class to learn photoshop, has anyone here???

GCW

On 8/28/03 7:59 PM, in article http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), "Karen
Weissman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I never took a class to learn photoshop, has anyone here???

Nope, never did, but wish the local community college offered one. It would
be nice to be able to ask questions, get constructive feedback, kibitz with
other classmates, have something to do on Tuesday evenings, meet someone
special, start a romance, move in together, begin fighting over trivial
things, break up, and really understand Photoshop once and for all.

I'm using 10% of Photoshop's potential, and 90% of that came from following
tutorials in books (or on-line). If I waited until I figured everything out
myself, I'd be at 1%. (Don't check my math.)

HRosita

>Karen Weissman wrote:

>I never took a class to learn photoshop, has anyone here???

Yes I have. And I have learned things I would never tried on my own.
It is OK to use help, I do it all the time but Photoshop is not your beginer
software and if you want to become profficient, you would benefit from a class.

Rosita

Cheryl Conice

> > I never took a class to learn photoshop, has anyone here???
>
> Nope, never did, but wish the local community college offered one. It would
> be nice to be able to ask questions, get constructive feedback, kibitz with
> other classmates,

Only that is not how it would be, it would be showing you how to start the
program, talking about how to open a photo in photoshop, and all the basic
stuff that would bore you to tears.

> have something to do on Tuesday evenings, meet someone
> special, start a romance, move in together,

You can go to a cooking or pottery class for that, you don't need one on
photoshop. The ladies you meet at a class teaching photoshop are not ones
that you would like anyway. Think about it.

> I'm using 10% of Photoshop's potential, and 90% of that came from following
> tutorials in books (or on-line). If I waited until I figured everything out
> myself, I'd be at 1%.

I tried and used everything to see what it can do, so I know 100% of it, but
probably only use 10% of it since most of the things it does is just distort
the photo or make wacky special effects that I don't care for. Just a basic
tweak here or there, or using the layers, is all I really need it for.

Cheryl Conice

> >I never took a class to learn photoshop, has anyone here???
>
> Yes I have. And I have learned things I would never tried on my own.

Those types of things I would never do to my photos anyway.