Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > DX6340 red eye reduction question

DX6340 red eye reduction question

mike

hi,

i have a new Kodak DX6340 and am pretty well satisfied with it.

Kodak has an (on the surface anyway) very clever editing tool to reduce the
dreaded "red eye."

the instructions tell you to zoom in on the offending "red eye" and place
the reduction tool over the red area. the tool is similar to the crosshairs
on a rifle scope (+) but larger. after placing the crosshairs you simply
right click the mouse and the software creates a kind of dark blot BUT i
can't get it to go where i want it to go.

one would think it would appear directly under where the crosshairs
intersect but it does not (at least for me it doesn't).

am i doing something wrong? is there a "trick" to correctly utilizing this
tool? any of you kodak owners out there know how to make this tool function
in the way it was designed to?

thank y'all on advance.

mikem

Bill Jackson

The "blot" is not put at a specific diameter under the cross hairs but
detects the presence of red eye in the picture and fixes ALL of it
regardless of size. The crosshair is there tohelp the software find the red
eye and determine the difference between that round red spot in the
christmas tree and the red eye on the face of your kid.

That's at least the way it's supposed to work, if you have an example of it
missing please send it to me and I'll get the engineers to look at why and
hopefully fix it in the next release.

news:KUU1b.182$(E-Mail Removed). ..