Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Samsung digimax 360

Samsung digimax 360

LT. D. Matheson

I just purchased this camera and I am very pleased with the quality of
pictures and the fetures. I have 30 days to change my mind on this camera
and exchange it for some different, so I am curious to find out what others
think or know about this camera so I can finalize my decision.

Pat Chaney

On 23/8/03 9:52 pm, "LT. D. Matheson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I just purchased this camera and I am very pleased with the quality of
> pictures and the fetures. I have 30 days to change my mind on this camera
> and exchange it for some different, so I am curious to find out what others
> think or know about this camera so I can finalize my decision.

So are you saying that you're happy with it, but you'll send it back if
enough other people you've never met don't like it? Seems a bit of an odd
approach to me.

Pat
--
Photos at:
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGalle...ll&AcctID=1251

LT. D. Matheson

I am asking because there is very little information on the pros and cons
mainly cons. It would be nice to know if the camera might suddenly explode
on me or if I am just a minority owner of a really descent camera.

"Pat Chaney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BB6DAB72.41B42%(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 23/8/03 9:52 pm, "LT. D. Matheson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I just purchased this camera and I am very pleased with the quality of
> > pictures and the fetures. I have 30 days to change my mind on this

camera
> > and exchange it for some different, so I am curious to find out what

others
> > think or know about this camera so I can finalize my decision.

> So are you saying that you're happy with it, but you'll send it back if
> enough other people you've never met don't like it? Seems a bit of an odd
> approach to me.
>

> Pat
> --
> Photos at:
> http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGalle...ll&AcctID=1251

Chris Hoopes

"LT. D. Matheson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:suQ1b.821518$(E-Mail Removed). ca...
> I just purchased this camera and I am very pleased with the quality of
> pictures and the fetures. I have 30 days to change my mind on this camera
> and exchange it for some different, so I am curious to find out what

others
> think or know about this camera so I can finalize my decision.

I bought a 360S back in November. one of the main problems I had with the
camera was that if you changed the date display format from YYYY/MM/DD to
something else, it would corrupt file date. I contacted Samsung support
about this and their response was don't change the date format. The camera
was promptly returned rather than waiting for them to come up with a
firmware update. I'm not sure if they ever updated the firmware, but would
be interesting to see if it still has the same problem. Easy to tell, take
three pictures, one in each date display format. Transfer the images to your
computer and check the dates on each image. I think I remember mine
displaying something like 1/3/2050 or something like that. Samsung USA
support was able to duplicate the same problem on multiple cameras.