Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Clogged inkjet

Clogged inkjet

Birk Binnard

My Epson 1280 has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years .... but now the
Light Cyan print head fails to print the bottom 1 1/2 bars of the test
pattern. It does print the top 2 1/2 bars of the test pattern A-ok.

I've run numerous head cleanings.....and I've got printer purge files that
print a full page of each color. The Light Cyan purge page is obviously not
printing right. My printer has a Continuous Flow ink system so I have
literally unlimited ink available.

Is there anything I can do besides more head cleanings?

---------------
Birk Binnard
Peninsula Software
http://www.birkbinnard.com

Bill Hilton

>From: "Birk Binnard" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>My Epson 1280 has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years .... but now the
>Light Cyan print head fails to print the bottom 1 1/2 bars of the test
>pattern.
>
>Is there anything I can do besides more head cleanings?

When I dedicated an Epson printer to black/white I ran a cleaning fluid cart
thru the heads to wipe out all the color inks. Lysonic and MIS make cleaning
carts for many Epsons, not certain about the chipped models like the 1280
though. You can probably find them with Google. Dunno if this will work for
you or not but worth a try.

>My printer has a Continuous Flow ink system so I have
>literally unlimited ink available.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the Continuous Flow inks clogging Epson
printers. One of the Shutterbug editors ended up replacing an Epson 1280 after
using them, for example.

Bill

Gregory W. Blank

Tony Spadero, advised some time back that to turn the printer on and off
once a day allowing the printer to go through its head cleaning cycle which
helps keep the printer trouble free, I seldom have to clean the heads
so I think Tony is right on target about that.

with regard to your advice Bill, not to far off I think the cleaning cartridges availble
through www.inkjetmall.com may solve Birk's problem.

At this point there's nothing to lose and all to gain.

--
"ANFAWFOS"
Check out my website @

Birk Binnard

I called the Epson tech support folks and they said I need to take the
printer to a repair place....the implication being that i need a new
printhead.

As far as the CFS goes....those systems use the same ink that refillable
cartridges use. So I doubt that's a problem.
---------------
Birk Binnard
Peninsula Software
http://www.birkbinnard.com

Bill Hilton

>From: "Birk Binnard" (E-Mail Removed)

>As far as the CFS goes....those systems use the same ink that refillable
>cartridges use. So I doubt that's a problem.

You might check out this site, which tested the 3rd party inks and found them
lacking for clogging and/or print quality and print longevity.

Bill

clogged inkjet printer nozzles Dennis Computer Support 2 01-04-2005 01:03 PM
Clogged Inkjets. Inky Computer Support 1 08-29-2004 08:11 AM
Clogged Computer Elwood P. Dowd Computer Support 7 08-25-2004 11:59 AM
Clogged bandwidth meikigibo Computer Support 2 10-19-2003 02:36 AM

Advertisments