Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > AC Adapter for Europe

AC Adapter for Europe

NewsGroups

Which AC adapter do you recommend for USA camera when traveling in central
Europe where they have 2 circular prongs. Just a plain adapter or an adapter
with transformer for recharging camera batteries?

PTRAVEL

"NewsGroups" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tso1b.76290$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Which AC adapter do you recommend for USA camera when traveling in central
> Europe where they have 2 circular prongs. Just a plain adapter or an

adapter
> with transformer for recharging camera batteries?

Most chargers are rated at 120/240v 50/60Hz. These can be used in Europe
and Asia without a transformer. You can get a set of plug adapters at
travel stores, CompUSA and Radio Shack, to name a few, or simply wait 'til
you get to Europe -- they're ubiquitous in the major cities.

Jim Townsend

NewsGroups wrote:

> Which AC adapter do you recommend for USA camera when traveling in central
> Europe where they have 2 circular prongs. Just a plain adapter or an adapter
> with transformer for recharging camera batteries?

Radio Shack sells everything you'll need. They have the power converters and
just about every shape and style of plug there are.

Note that many cameras have a universal power supply. They will run on both
110V and 220V without the need for a power adapter.. In this case all you
need is the much cheaper North American to European plug adapter.

Check your camera manual first...

I went to New Zealand, and all I had to do was change the power cord on my
North Amercian Canon Pro90 charger. The cord cost around $2.00 I picked the
cord up in Auckland at a local electronics store.