Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > New Canon Rebel digital?

New Canon Rebel digital?

KJB

Saw this on their web page. Anyone know what the price is gonna be?

dslr

KJB wrote:

> Saw this on their web page. Anyone know what the price is gonna be?

Here's a hint - try reading newsgroups before just dropping in and
posting.

--
regards,
dslr

JK

Only 70,000 being made per month initially?
http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030820/1926001296_2.html

dslr wrote:

> KJB wrote:
> >
> > Saw this on their web page. Anyone know what the price is gonna be?

> Here's a hint - try reading newsgroups before just dropping in and
> posting.
>
> --
> regards,
> dslr

JK

Interesting press release:
http://www.newstream.com/us/story_pu...09.122.226.171

JK wrote:

> Only 70,000 being made per month initially?
> http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030820/1926001296_2.html
>
> dslr wrote:
>
> > KJB wrote:
> > >
> > > Saw this on their web page. Anyone know what the price is gonna be?

> > Here's a hint - try reading newsgroups before just dropping in and
> > posting.
> >
> > --
> > regards,
> > dslr

JK

The 18-55mm zoom lens(28mm-90mm equivalent) that is being bundled
with it is f3.5-f5.6. UGH! Why can't they bundle it with an f2.8 zoom, or
a 50mm f1.8 lens instead? At least it will be available without a lens as
well, although many dealers might be pushing the body plus slow lens combo?

JK wrote:

> Interesting press release:
> http://www.newstream.com/us/story_pu...09.122.226.171
>
> JK wrote:
>
> > Only 70,000 being made per month initially?
> > http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030820/1926001296_2.html
> >
> > dslr wrote:

> > > Here's a hint - try reading newsgroups before just dropping in and
> > > posting.
> > >
> > > --
> > > regards,
> > > dslr

VT

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:44:46 -0400, JK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The 18-55mm zoom lens(28mm-90mm equivalent) that is being bundled
>with it is f3.5-f5.6. UGH! Why can't they bundle it with an f2.8 zoom, or
>a 50mm f1.8 lens instead? At least it will be available without a lens as
>well, although many dealers might be pushing the body plus slow lens combo?

Most 35mm (and APS) format lenses (esp zooms) have smaller max
apertures due to the size of the glass and the difficulty in making
lenses with large pieces of glass.

A few larger max apertures are available on 35mm format lenses but at
pretty "exotic" prices.

Due to the (much) smaller CCD sizes and the accompanying (much)
shorter actual focal length lenses - we have "enjoyed" much larger max
apertures than commonly available for the 35mm film format.

Using 35mm format lenses on DSLRs - full (35mm) or partial frame -
means smaller apertures at lower prices, or larger aperture at (much)
higher prices - if available at all.

I undertand according to the press release the Canon Digital Rebel
will be available as a body only kit so that one can buy any lens that
one finds suitable.

--
Vincent
remove CLOTHES for e-mail

http://UnknownVincent.cjb.net/

KJB

My apologies. I'm sure I must have killed the memory capabilities of your
piece of **** 386 computer that you use to read the newsgroups. Don't you
have anything better to do than be an cocksucking asshole?

'COCKSUCKER': wrote
"dslr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Here's a hint - try reading newsgroups before just dropping in and
> posting.
>
> --
> regards,
> dslr

dslr

KJB wrote:

wrote
> "dslr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Here's a hint - try reading newsgroups before just dropping in and
> > posting.
> >

> My apologies. I'm sure I must have killed the memory capabilities of your
> piece of **** 386 computer that you use to read the newsgroups.

Nope not in the slightest - but if you can't even be arsed to read posts
that are less than 24 hours old...

Plonk!

--
regards,
dslr

KJB

Didn't have hours to sort through all the other 'zionest' racism bullshit
that seems to be appearing in this newsgroup.
Maybe it should be moderated..

"dslr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> KJB wrote:
> >

> wrote
> > "dslr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > > Here's a hint - try reading newsgroups before just dropping in and
> > > posting.
> > >

> > My apologies. I'm sure I must have killed the memory capabilities of

your
> > piece of **** 386 computer that you use to read the newsgroups.

> Nope not in the slightest - but if you can't even be arsed to read posts
> that are less than 24 hours old...
>
> Plonk!
>
> --
> regards,
> dslr

JK

Ken Alverson wrote:

> "JK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The 18-55mm zoom lens(28mm-90mm equivalent) that is being bundled
> > with it is f3.5-f5.6. UGH! Why can't they bundle it with an f2.8 zoom,

> Because they're targeting the entry level market,

Most people wouldn't agree that $1000 is entry level for a camera.
Sub $500 would be entry level for an slr. The $1000 price point is
in the prosumer range. Those who buy cameras in that range
usually don't want a slow zoom lens.

> and f2.8 zooms are pricey.

Some are a bit pricey, but others aren't so expensive.

> > or a 50mm f1.8 lens instead?

> Because the entry level

Since when is a $1000 US camera entry level?????