Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Just bought new kodak DX4900 Comments Please

Just bought new kodak DX4900 Comments Please

Cube

I just bought a Kodak dx4900, 4 megapixel camera for $ 390.00
Canadian(not reconditioned). I haven't opened it yet. I bought it on a
whim, i went to the store to buy a scanner and somehow ended up
looking at the cameras and they only had one left listed at $550
CDN.After yapping for an hour he gave it to me for $390 CDN taxes
included.
Did I get a good camera?
Was it a deal?
Should I trade it in for something else in the same megapixel range
with better reviews?
Sorry it is my first plunge into digital from minoltal SLR.
Thanx
Dane

Mark Weaver

Seems like a decent, but not great deal. That's an older model -- either
discontinued or soon to be -- with only a 2X optical zoom, I believe. I'd
prefer a recent 3MP, 3X zoom camera like the Canon A70 over the Kodak
DX4900.

Mark

"Cube" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I just bought a Kodak dx4900, 4 megapixel camera for $ 390.00
> Canadian(not reconditioned). I haven't opened it yet. I bought it on a
> whim, i went to the store to buy a scanner and somehow ended up
> looking at the cameras and they only had one left listed at $550
> CDN.After yapping for an hour he gave it to me for $390 CDN taxes
> included.
> Did I get a good camera?
> Was it a deal?
> Should I trade it in for something else in the same megapixel range
> with better reviews?
> Sorry it is my first plunge into digital from minoltal SLR.
> Thanx
> Dane

Canongirly

Throw it in the bin...you bought a piece of crap for too much money

Next time you leave the house buy a car....you proberbly only went out to
get a quart of milk but what the hey.