Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Oly 5050 slave flash mode, what's up?

Oly 5050 slave flash mode, what's up?

Charlie D

I've been using my 5050 in slave flash mode.
It works fine by not allowing the on-camera
flash to use pre-flashes, thus allowing standard
slave units to be used.

I do have a question though.
On page 90 of the PDF manual it states:
"This setting is for using a commercially available
slave flash. This lets you adjust and fix the amount
of light emitted by the commercially available slave
flash.
Press +/- to select the amount
of light from 1 to 10, then press ok.

How in the world does it do that? The definition
of slave is that the master unit triggers the
external unit. That's all the master is; a trigger.
All exposure done by the slave is regulated by
the slave itself either in auto or manual mode.

Are there some slave units that emit light
only during the time the master unit is
emitting?

--
Charlie Dilks
Newark, DE USA

Neil Gould

Recently, Charlie D <(E-Mail Removed)> posted:

> Are there some slave units that emit light
> only during the time the master unit is
> emitting?

Yes, but they typically cost more than an Olympus 5050. Visit a larger
camera store's lighting department for examples.

Neil

Nissin Add on Flash for Oly 5050 Rick Miller Digital Photography 0 07-19-2004 03:48 PM
Flash slave sync with Oly C-700 Perk Digital Photography 2 02-03-2004 09:01 PM
Oly C-5050 sa Digital Photography 5 12-20-2003 09:36 PM
Oly C-5050-Z setting flash via jog dial no longer responding Frank H Digital Photography 2 11-22-2003 02:24 PM
Canon G3 vs. Oly 5050 StuartB54 Digital Photography 3 08-01-2003 08:42 AM

Advertisments