Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: QUESTION ABOUT SONY'S F 717

Re: QUESTION ABOUT SONY'S F 717

David J. Littleboy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> QUESTION ABOUT SONY'S F 717
>
> I'm really excited about getting the Sony F 717 digital camera. I
> already own the Sony Mavica 91 and like it very much.
>
> My question is, the Mavica 91 has a "Steady Shot" feature built in,
> but does the F 717 have some kind of steady shot built into that
> camera too? For instance what happens if the F 717 is moved a litte
> just when a picture is being taken, will it be blurred?

The F707, F717, and F828 do NOT provide any image stabilization function.
(The Minolta A1 does.)

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Paul D. Sullivan

Sure wish the F828 did - that would be awesome.

I wonder if the F828 is perhaps a better purchase right now than
the F717. It is costly, but it is newer and has more features.

> "Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> QUESTION ABOUT SONY'S F 717
>>
>> I'm really excited about getting the Sony F 717 digital
>> camera. I already own the Sony Mavica 91 and like it very
>> much.
>>
>> My question is, the Mavica 91 has a "Steady Shot" feature
>> built in, but does the F 717 have some kind of steady shot
>> built into that camera too? For instance what happens if
>> the F 717 is moved a litte just when a picture is being
>> taken, will it be blurred?

> The F707, F717, and F828 do NOT provide any image
> stabilization function. (The Minolta A1 does.)
>
> David J. Littleboy
> Tokyo, Japan

JK

"Paul D. Sullivan" wrote:

> Sure wish the F828 did - that would be awesome.
>
> I wonder if the F828 is perhaps a better purchase right now

Right now? The F828 isn't available yet, and it might even be
hard to find due to great demand until early next year?