Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: 10D RAW Conversion Question

Re: 10D RAW Conversion Question

Ted Rogers

"Steve Hoffmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsBT0b.5835$Qy4.2748@fed1read05...
> If you get tired of the long processing times and limited adjustment
> parameters with CFVU, you may want to take a look at Capture One DSLR LE,
> BreezeBrowser or Adobe's Camera RAW plugin (needs a simple hack to work

with
> the 10D). See a comparison article on these four RAW converters at
> http://www.sphoto.com/techinfo/rawco...converters.htm

I'm very interested in the replies - thank you. The only reason I did a
batch conversion from RAW was that I could see no way of getting them into
Photoshop otherwise, or am I missing something here? The hack for the RAW
plugin would be great as I bought this prog assuming it would work with the
10D. Can you tell me how its done?

Thanks

Ted

PTRAVEL

"Ted Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Steve Hoffmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsBT0b.5835$Qy4.2748@fed1read05...
> > If you get tired of the long processing times and limited adjustment
> > parameters with CFVU, you may want to take a look at Capture One DSLR

LE,
> > BreezeBrowser or Adobe's Camera RAW plugin (needs a simple hack to work

> with
> > the 10D). See a comparison article on these four RAW converters at
> > http://www.sphoto.com/techinfo/rawco...converters.htm
> >

> I'm very interested in the replies - thank you. The only reason I did a
> batch conversion from RAW was that I could see no way of getting them into
> Photoshop otherwise, or am I missing something here? The hack for the RAW
> plugin would be great as I bought this prog assuming it would work with

the
> 10D. Can you tell me how its done?

It's quite easy.

You need a hexadecimal editor (there are shareware ones available on the
internet -- do a google search, or go to www.shareware.com).

Open the editor, load in the plug-in. Do a search for "D60." It occurs in
only one place in the program. Replace "D60" with "10D". Save the file
(preferrably under a new name).

That's it. Photoshop will now recognize RAW files from the 10D.

Note: the image may have a slight cyan cast. You can adjust it in
Photoshop.

> Thanks
>
> Ted

Flycaster

"Ted Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm very interested in the replies - thank you. The only reason I did a
> batch conversion from RAW was that I could see no way of getting them into
> Photoshop otherwise, or am I missing something here?

No, you're right. PS can't read native RAW files.

>The hack for the RAW
> plugin would be great as I bought this prog assuming it would work with

the
> 10D. Can you tell me how its done?

Here you go: http://www.rogercavanagh.com/helpinfo/15_acrpatch.htm

Be advised, however, that you will end up using the D60 profile which is not
"spot-on" for the 10D (see my rant above). I've not seen, but have heard
tales of a slight "magenta" and "contrast" shift. If you're proficient with
color balancing in PS, though, it should work fine. Just create an action
that gets you close without slamming the files (preferably high bit), and
you can batch run it in PS.