Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > What will the NIKON response to Cannon?

What will the NIKON response to Cannon?

Jim Waggener

I'm sure they have something up their sleeves as well. I love competition.

Jason O'Rourke

Jim Waggener <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I'm sure they have something up their sleeves as well. I love competition.

Wasn't the D100 a response to the D60, not the 10D?

This canon could put their $1000 P&S offerings in a bad place.

--
Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

Tony Spadaro

I know the current Nikon response:
"There goes Christmas for us."

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Jason O'Rourke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bi0t8e$2h6u$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jim Waggener <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I'm sure they have something up their sleeves as well. I love

competition.

> Wasn't the D100 a response to the D60, not the 10D?
>
> This canon could put their $1000 P&S offerings in a bad place.
>
> --
> Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

Mark M

"Jim Waggener" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm sure they have something up their sleeves as well. I love

competition.

Nikon:
"Uncle!!"

Don

Tony Spadaro wrote:
> I know an idiot with no sense of humour when one replies to one of my
> posts.

Do you understand ???

Obviously not. And the idiot would then be ...?

Don

Jason O'Rourke

Don <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Tony Spadaro wrote:
>> I know the current Nikon response:
>> "There goes Christmas for us."

>I don't think you know much at all to be honest.

That may or may not be true, but his line here looked to be spot on.

Nikon has been falling back since the days of the 900/950/990/my 880
whereas Canon is just piling it on, with the G series, the elph line,
and the Dslrs. It doesn't take too much for them to return the favor,
but they have to do something.

--
Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

Don

Jason O'Rourke wrote:

> Don <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Tony Spadaro wrote:
>>> I know the current Nikon response:
>>> "There goes Christmas for us."

>>I don't think you know much at all to be honest.

> That may or may not be true,

I would agree with that.

Don

Film Shooter

What $1000 dollar point and shoot?

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jason O'Rourke) wrote in message news:<bi0t8e$2h6u$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Jim Waggener <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I'm sure they have something up their sleeves as well. I love competition.

> Wasn't the D100 a response to the D60, not the 10D?
>
> This canon could put their $1000 P&S offerings in a bad place.

Tony Spadaro

"The idiot would then be...?"
Some dork named Don

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
The Improved Links Pages are at
New email - Contact on the Menyou page.
"Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f446337$0$23594$(E-Mail Removed). au...
> Tony Spadaro wrote:
> > I know an idiot with no sense of humour when one replies to one of

my
> > posts.

> Do you understand ???
>
> Obviously not. And the idiot would then be ...?
>
> Don

Jason O'Rourke

Film Shooter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>What $1000 dollar point and shoot?

Their 5700 comes to mind - SLR, but fixed lens. The 5400 isn't cheap
either. (Yeah, a bit sloppy on the language - I equate SLR more with the
lens choice than the true viewfinder)

It's a hard sell for these guys at those prices, esp with the 1/1.8"
or 2/3" CCDs. Yes, they're smaller than the 300D, but there are lots
of smaller cheaper cameras that give up a little on the quality.
--
Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com