Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > What will the NIKON response to Cannon?

What will the NIKON response to Cannon?

Don

Tony Spadaro wrote:

> "The idiot would then be...?"
> Some dork named Don

Look Tony, just because your wife found you in bed with another man,
doesn't mean you should take it out on me. (I wasn't the other guy).

I don't even know you, thank goodness.

Chill bro, chill!

BTW don't bother replying.

Curt

I dont think the Nikon people just "try put something out quickly "
because of a Canon launch. You have to give them a little more credit
i think. =)

Regards Curt

Dana Laffit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I could care less what Nikon does in response, as it will only be a poor
> quickly designed camera with not much thought just so that they have
> something to put next to Canon's camera. Who wants to buy something
> like that?
>
> Just like Canon shoving a 5 megapixel CCD in the G3 and calling it the
> G5 without taking consideration of the now resulting noise and problems
> because the rest of the electronics are designed for the 4 megapixel CCD
> and they just rushed it out to have something to compete with the other
> 5 megapixel cameras on the market.
>
> No matter what the product, when the other companies try to put
> something out quickly in response to a competitor's new model, it is
> usually not very good.

Tony Spadaro

What a sharp one Don - did you get it from a book?
Goodbye loser.
--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f4586c4$0$23614$(E-Mail Removed). au...
> Tony Spadaro wrote:
>
> > "The idiot would then be...?"
> > Some dork named Don

> Look Tony, just because your wife found you in bed with another man,
> doesn't mean you should take it out on me. (I wasn't the other guy).
>
> I don't even know you, thank goodness.
>
> Chill bro, chill!
>
> BTW don't bother replying.

Chris Hoopes

"Curt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I dont think the Nikon people just "try put something out quickly "
> because of a Canon launch. You have to give them a little more credit
> i think. =)
>
> Regards Curt
>

> Dana Laffit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > I could care less what Nikon does in response, as it will only be a poor
> > quickly designed camera with not much thought just so that they have
> > something to put next to Canon's camera. Who wants to buy something
> > like that?
> >
> > Just like Canon shoving a 5 megapixel CCD in the G3 and calling it the
> > G5 without taking consideration of the now resulting noise and problems
> > because the rest of the electronics are designed for the 4 megapixel CCD
> > and they just rushed it out to have something to compete with the other
> > 5 megapixel cameras on the market.
> >
> > No matter what the product, when the other companies try to put
> > something out quickly in response to a competitor's new model, it is
> > usually not very good.

Nikon has already announced the D2H for photojournalists, with a new
image sensor and a lot of new features. Granted, the D2H is for a specific
purpose, seeing that it is only a 4MP camera built for speed. I would say
that once it rolls out in the next month or so (it is actually being tested
by photojournalists this weekend), the D2X will follow. I think that if they
have very good results with the new image sensor, there will be a D200 as
well.

The D2H has a WiFi accessory that will transmit images directly to an
FTP server via wireless access point. It will definitely make a
photojournalist's life much easier since the images can be sent to their
employer directly from the event within minutes rather than waiting to
transfer the images to a laptop and then transmitting them.

Time will tell if all the new features Nikon is presenting will stir the
market, but it sure sounds good!

Tore Lund

Chris Hoopes wrote:

> Nikon has already announced the D2H for photojournalists, with a new
> image sensor and a lot of new features. Granted, the D2H is for a specific
> purpose, seeing that it is only a 4MP camera built for speed. I would say
> that once it rolls out in the next month or so (it is actually being tested
> by photojournalists this weekend), the D2X will follow. I think that if they
> have very good results with the new image sensor, there will be a D200 as
> well.

Let's hope so. The 2100, 3100, SQ and 5400 were all let-downs IMO. The
D2H, however, is an INTELLIGENT design, showing Nikon at their best, not
caring about fashion or the high-pitched demand for more megapixels, but
only about what makes SENSE. I hope and pray that we shall soon see two
or three new Coolpixes based on this design philosophy.
--
Tore

John

Unfortunately, the D2H is the severely-delayed answer to the
long-in-the-tooth Canon 1D. That camera will be replaced this year. But the
D2H is a nice camera for photojournalists already invested in Nikon glass.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...