Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > help finding a good frame supplier

help finding a good frame supplier

Karen Eitel

Hi All, New to the group. I am having trouble finding a good frame supplier
on line for my work. Just had a terrible experience with FRAMEPLACE.COM -
ordered white ready-made wooden frames. They arrived with chinks in paint,
corners not lined up correctly and basically very cheap merchandise. I
called to get a merchandise return number (as advised on their website) so I
could send them back for credit. They told me they could not take back
custom made frames. When I told them that they were listed in their ready
mades and were standard sizes (14x18, 11x14), I was told that they make all
of their frames and they too were considered "custom made"... When I told
them that they were also not made well and had chinks in the paint I was
told that they do not take returns unless they are " damaged" in transit and
then you only get a store credit minus the restocking fee - in other words
NO REFUNDS GIVEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I warn all to stay away from this
company, but I am now burned and hesitate to find another supplier on line.
Has anyone had good luck/results from other on-line frame suppliers, and if
so, who? I want to order in bulk to save money. Thanks for your help.

Savidge4

First things first. If you used a credit card to make the purchase simply call
your credit card company and place a disputer on the charge! As for the
framing stuff. is there a reason you are not buying locally? i cant imagine
that mail order framing is that much cheaper. and after a quick look at the
site i know for certain that Walmart is cheaper than they are. I personally do
not purchase pre-made frames in fact i make my own. after the cost of a mitre
saw (I got a $200 compound mitre saw in a pawn shop for $25)there is not much
else invested, well other than the wood. Your lowes and or home depot have a
wide selection of stock moldings to select from.

hope that helps!

>Hi All, New to the group. I am having trouble finding a good frame supplier
>on line for my work. Just had a terrible experience with FRAMEPLACE.COM -
>ordered white ready-made wooden frames. They arrived with chinks in paint,
>corners not lined up correctly and basically very cheap merchandise. I
>called to get a merchandise return number (as advised on their website) so I
>could send them back for credit. They told me they could not take back
>custom made frames. When I told them that they were listed in their ready
>mades and were standard sizes (14x18, 11x14), I was told that they make all
>of their frames and they too were considered "custom made"... When I told
>them that they were also not made well and had chinks in the paint I was
>told that they do not take returns unless they are " damaged" in transit and
>then you only get a store credit minus the restocking fee - in other words
>NO REFUNDS GIVEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I warn all to stay away from this
>company, but I am now burned and hesitate to find another supplier on line.
>Has anyone had good luck/results from other on-line frame suppliers, and if
>so, who? I want to order in bulk to save money. Thanks for your help

Mark Weaver

I've never had a problem with 'American Frame' (AmericanFrame.com), you
might give them a try.

Mark

news:l1O0b.507$(E-Mail Removed)...