Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Canon 10D Competitors' Battery

Re: Canon 10D Competitors' Battery

Mark M

"Gary Ma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking to purchase extra batteries for the 10D, and I'm inquiring
> if it's okay to recharge non-Canon brand batterys on the CB-5L, because
> the Canon batteries are about $15 more. And which brand(s) should I
> purchase? Thanks.

Canon's battery is inferior to the Power-2000 BP-511.
Canon=a mere 100 mAh
Power-2000=1500 mAh

And... the Power-2000's are only 34.95 vs. Canon's whopping 49.95 (at B&H).
I have used both Canon batteries and these, and can testify to the fact that
Canon batteries lose in ever respect--Power longevity, shelf charge-holding,
and price. And yes, they charge just fine on the standard Canon chargers.
Here's a link to the better battery at B&H:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?D29F111A5

Obake

In article <9%k0b.10707$nf3.2372@fed1read07>, "Mark M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Gary Ma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm looking to purchase extra batteries for the 10D, and I'm inquiring
>> if it's okay to recharge non-Canon brand batterys on the CB-5L, because
>> the Canon batteries are about $15 more. And which brand(s) should I
>> purchase? Thanks.

>Canon's battery is inferior to the Power-2000 BP-511.
>Canon=a mere 100 mAh
>Power-2000=1500 mAh

i think he meant 1100mAh

i've got 2 canon bp-511's using a bg-ed3 and i have yet to run out of charge
during a shoot. even after a days shoot, the meter still reads full charge.
i haven't tried running them till they run out, but i'd be confident they will
last well over 3 full days, no need to buy extra batteries.

but after saying that, i've got nothing against cheaper batteries that hold
more charge if i had to replace my existing batteries, i would prob go
that way and not canon. i got the 2 i have now in a packaged deal (Canon
'Pro-Kit')

Mark M

news:3f41eef5$0$14560$(E-Mail Removed) u...

wrote:

> >"Gary Ma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I'm looking to purchase extra batteries for the 10D, and I'm inquiring
> >> if it's okay to recharge non-Canon brand batterys on the CB-5L, because
> >> the Canon batteries are about $15 more. And which brand(s) should I
> >> purchase? Thanks.

> >Canon's battery is inferior to the Power-2000 BP-511.
> >Canon=a mere 100 mAh
> >Power-2000=1500 mAh
> >

> i think he meant 1100mAh

Ooops! Yes.
Canon is 1100 mAh (not 100mAh)...400 mAh less than the power-2000.