Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus E-10 TTL vs Canon E-TTL

Olympus E-10 TTL vs Canon E-TTL

Patrick L.

What is the difference between Canon E-TTL flash and TTL flash on my E-10?

Patrick

Todd Walker

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, greg54
@operamail.com says...
> I believe Canon's E-TTL System shoots a preflash right before the main
> flash to set exposure. With a TTL System, the exposure is set by a
> sensor mounted in the camera.
>
> Greg

The Olympus does the same thing. TTL doesn't have anything to do with
the location of the exposure sensor. If a flash is TTL, it just means
that it gets its exposure information/instructions from the camera.

--
________________________________
Todd Walker

Patrick L.

Ender W. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 04:51:05 GMT, Todd Walker <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <amh0b.734$(E-Mail Removed) t>,
> >(E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> What is the difference between Canon E-TTL flash and TTL flash on my

E-10?

> >> Patrick

> >Nothing really. They accomplish the same thing -- having the camera and
> >flash communicate with one another to make your shot come out right.
> >Canon just calls theirs "E-TTL."

> I believe Canon's E-TTL System shoots a preflash right before the main
> flash to set exposure. With a TTL System, the exposure is set by a
> sensor mounted in the camera.
>
> Greg

The Olympus E-10 TTL has a preflash, no doubt about that, which goes back
to my original question, which was not about general TTL, but the
comparison of Canon's vs Olympus's TTL systems.

Patrick.

Dallas D

Probably several million dollars worth of R&D.

--
"I smile mostly everywhere. Well, there's some people might disagree. But
hey, I'm playin' with the Stones, man. You know, I mean why shouldn't I

www.imageunlimited.co.za
..
news:amh0b.734$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...