Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: "Stitching" video clips together ???

Re: "Stitching" video clips together ???

Mark Weaver

"Perk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> My Olympus C-700 will produce 15 second clips if video.
>
> Is there any way of "stitching" these together to make a longer one ??
>
> Thanks much,

Assuming you're using a Windows machine, I would start out with the free
Microsoft 'Movie Maker 2'. Like all video editors, it will let you drag
your clips onto a storyboard and combine them with effects (fades, wipes,
etc) and then remaster the whole thing.

Mark

Mark Weaver

"Abrasha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message > >
> > Assuming you're using a Windows machine, I would start out with the free
> > Microsoft 'Movie Maker 2'.

> Isn't that also assuming that he runs Windows XP as his operating system,

or
> does Movie Maker 2 run on any other Windows OS?

No, I guess that's true -- it's XP only. If that's not an option, then it
would be worth starting with a trial version of one of the various 3rd party
possibilities (Pinnacle Studio, etc).

Mark

Leo R.

OP could try Virtual Dub. I find it very good
http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/
It does a good job and has the capability to add audio background files.
Looks a bit daunting at first but is remarkably simple to join avi clips and
add background music or whatever audio.

There is a very comprehensive "how to" website for Virtual Dub at
http://nickyguides.digital-digest.co...-split-avi.htm

news:(E-Mail Removed)...