Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: "Stitching" video clips together ???

Re: "Stitching" video clips together ???

Mike Mason

Perk wrote:

> Is there any way of "stitching" these together to make a longer one ??

Try VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/). It's free, and although a
little tricky to get to know, does plenty of simple processing jobs (and
more complicated ones if that's your bag) with .avi and mpeg1 files.

Mike

Dean Wittke

Sure it can, I do it all the time with AVI's.
http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/joinavi.html

I don't know what format your Oly 700 captures in though.

"Luke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhqh1f$rat$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Virtual dub can do a lot of things but as far as I know it can't join

clips
> together.
>
> It is designed as a post processing app. rather than an editing app.

Samuel Paik

"Luke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Virtual dub can do a lot of things but as far as I know it can't join clips
> together.

VirtualDub can join clips together provided they are the same format
(same resolution, frame rate, codec, audio format). Simply open
the first, then select File->"Append AVI Segment..." for the second, etc.

> It is designed as a post processing app. rather than an editing app.

VirtualDub is a single "tape" linear video editor.

Sam