Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > SONY F-717 verses SONY CD 505

Reply
Thread Tools

SONY F-717 verses SONY CD 505

 
 
Matt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2003
SONY F-717 verses SONY CD 505

I do lots of photography with models and need to upgrade my Sony
Mavica 91 camera to something that has lots of magapixels. So I am
seriously considering getting the Sony F717 camera.

Also I see that there is a camera that takes CD's. I think it's the
Sony CD 500 or 505. I'm not sure which. But my question is, I would
highly appreciate any information on which camera would be the best
out of the two in buying.

They are both 5 magapixels and I could get either one for just about
the same price.

Thanks and I'll be waiting for any advice.


Matt

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)



__________________________________________________ ____________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - FAST UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD - http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Beowulf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2003
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:22:25 -0500, Matt wrote:

> SONY F-717 verses SONY CD 505
>
> I do lots of photography with models and need to upgrade my Sony Mavica
> 91 camera to something that has lots of magapixels. So I am seriously
> considering getting the Sony F717 camera.
>
> Also I see that there is a camera that takes CD's. I think it's the
> Sony CD 500 or 505. I'm not sure which. But my question is, I would
> highly appreciate any information on which camera would be the best out
> of the two in buying.
>
> They are both 5 magapixels and I could get either one for just about the
> same price.



Matt, I own the F717 (but I plan on selling it on eBay in a day or two
as I just today ordered the Canon EOS 10D SLR digital camera!) and also
photograph models, so if I can be of any help let me know. I find the
717 a very very nice camera for photographing models, I have just decided
to move up in caliper to a true SLR digital. I do not know about the
other camera you mention, but if it has a disk my thought would be to
stick with a camera that uses a memory card because i would think the
time to capture and write a photo to the storage medium would be much
slower with a disk-based camera like the CD505. The F717 can photograph
in a burst mode and take images fast. The F717 can also photograph in
total darkness using a hologram focusing method and what is called
nightframing, etc. The F717 mimics SLR by using a viewfinder and a
'simulated' (tiny LSC display) view of what you see through the lens (in
addition to a larger LSC display on the back of the camera for display of images, etc.

The Carl Zeiss optical zoom lens of the F717 is very nice also.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Matt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2003

It will be the 717 than!! Thanks VERY much for your insightful
message. I completely forgot about the slow writing to the CD. It
never occured to me about that. You are totaly correct about that
point.

I have the older Sony Mavica 91 that takes 1.4 (3.5") floppy disks
and when I take a pic it just grinds and skakes for like 10 seconds l
until the picture is written on that disk. So I can't imagine what it
would be like to record a 5 magapixel unto a CD. Yikes!!

BTW, I was doing a search for prices on the 717 on the net and found a
place that sells the 717 for $515. And I'm sure once that new
camera comes out it might even go down lower. And it's good to know it
has a better lens and just overall so much better. Thanks again very
much!!!

Matt






On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:01:56 -0500, Beowulf <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:22:25 -0500, Matt wrote:
>
>> SONY F-717 verses SONY CD 505
>>
>> I do lots of photography with models and need to upgrade my Sony Mavica
>> 91 camera to something that has lots of magapixels. So I am seriously
>> considering getting the Sony F717 camera.
>>
>> Also I see that there is a camera that takes CD's. I think it's the
>> Sony CD 500 or 505. I'm not sure which. But my question is, I would
>> highly appreciate any information on which camera would be the best out
>> of the two in buying.
>>
>> They are both 5 magapixels and I could get either one for just about the
>> same price.

>
>
> Matt, I own the F717 (but I plan on selling it on eBay in a day or two
>as I just today ordered the Canon EOS 10D SLR digital camera!) and also
>photograph models, so if I can be of any help let me know. I find the
>717 a very very nice camera for photographing models, I have just decided
>to move up in caliper to a true SLR digital. I do not know about the
>other camera you mention, but if it has a disk my thought would be to
>stick with a camera that uses a memory card because i would think the
>time to capture and write a photo to the storage medium would be much
>slower with a disk-based camera like the CD505. The F717 can photograph
>in a burst mode and take images fast. The F717 can also photograph in
>total darkness using a hologram focusing method and what is called
>nightframing, etc. The F717 mimics SLR by using a viewfinder and a
>'simulated' (tiny LSC display) view of what you see through the lens (in
>addition to a larger LSC display on the back of the camera for display of images, etc.
>
> The Carl Zeiss optical zoom lens of the F717 is very nice also.



__________________________________________________ ____________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - FAST UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD - http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Robert McDermitt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2003
Matt wrote:

> BTW, I was doing a search for prices on the 717 on the net and found a
> place that sells the 717 for $515. And I'm sure once that new
> camera comes out it might even go down lower. And it's good to know it
> has a better lens and just overall so much better. Thanks again very
> much!!!




Matt - buying ultra cheap cameras online is a crapshoot at best. I have
never seen so many very poor merchants crowded into such a small group of
products. Try to use a merchant that's got some good independent
feedback.....





 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plex PX 708 UF Verses Sony DRX-530 UL Mike L. DVD Video 0 04-24-2004 02:46 PM
upgrading IOS on cisco CE-505 cache engine Kay Cisco 0 01-30-2004 10:47 PM
Sony F717 verses the new HP 945 Matt Digital Photography 5 08-26-2003 06:19 AM
Pix 505 filtering issue Tim Wies Cisco 3 07-17-2003 02:57 PM
Pix 505 question about VPN Tim Wies Cisco 1 07-08-2003 01:47 AM



Advertisments