Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon A70 or Fuji Finepix s304??

Canon A70 or Fuji Finepix s304??

opinions

JK

Spend a bit more and get an Olympus C4000.

A wrote:

> opinions

Jonathan Timar

"JK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Spend a bit more and get an Olympus C4000.
>
> A wrote:
>
> > opinions

I hate ****ing idiots who can't answer simple question, and feel the need to
offer thier unsolicited recomendations.

Ok, now, definitely go for the A70, you can't get a more full featured
camera for the price. There is hardly anything lacking in this 3megapixel
camera aside from the fact that a faster lens would be nice. (The lens it
does have is very sharp though).

The A70 also has very good dynamic range, especially when compared side by
side with the Nikon 3100 it compete directly with.

JK

Jonathan Timar wrote:

> "JK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Spend a bit more and get an Olympus C4000.
> >
> > A wrote:
> >
> > > opinions

> I hate f***ing idiots who can't answer simple question, and feel the need to
> offer thier unsolicited recomendations.

Why? If someone asked which is a faster way to get from Boston to LA,
a train or a bus, and someone suggested that they travel by air instead,
I believe that would be a very reasonable response. Sometimes much
better alternatives aren't even considered initially.

> Ok, now, definitely go for the A70, you can't get a more full featured
> camera for the price. There is hardly anything lacking in this 3megapixel
> camera aside from the fact that a faster lens would be nice.

The C4000 has a faster lens, and 4 megapixels. It is only around $100-
$120 more than the A70.

> (The lens it
> does have is very sharp though).
>
> The A70 also has very good dynamic range, especially when compared side by
> side with the Nikon 3100 it compete directly with.

I personally feel that spending around $100 more and getting a C4000
would be a much better choice.

Del.

"JK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why? If someone asked which is a faster way to get from Boston to LA,
> a train or a bus, and someone suggested that they travel by air instead,
> I believe that would be a very reasonable response. Sometimes much
> better alternatives aren't even considered initially.

But I hate flying.