Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Question about using digital camera for making panoramic pictures.

Question about using digital camera for making panoramic pictures.

Ian Burley

I can't even think of a DSLR that doesn't have a spot meter mode - the 10D
certainly has, in fact it can link the meter to any of its 7 AF points, so
it has a multi-spot meter mode in effect. I'm sure it has a histogram
function as well.

Time for a re-think on the criticism I think, Robert?

Ian

--

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY NOW - http://www.dp-now.com
UK-based Web magazine for users of digital photography

"Robert Mathews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)... >
> I thought that the 10D lacked far to many features that the Sony has, like
> Spot Meter , Image Pre-view, Histogram etc..
>
> I think this is problem with all DSLR's..

Robert Mathews

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 08:26:29 +0100, "Ian Burley" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I can't even think of a DSLR that doesn't have a spot meter mode - the 10D
>certainly has, in fact it can link the meter to any of its 7 AF points, so
>it has a multi-spot meter mode in effect. I'm sure it has a histogram
>function as well.
>
>Time for a re-think on the criticism I think, Robert?
>
>Ian

No you posted NO FACTS at ALL.

Charlie Self

Robert Mathews writes:

>On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 08:26:29 +0100, "Ian Burley" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>I can't even think of a DSLR that doesn't have a spot meter mode - the 10D
>>certainly has, in fact it can link the meter to any of its 7 AF points, so
>>it has a multi-spot meter mode in effect. I'm sure it has a histogram
>>function as well.
>>
>>Time for a re-think on the criticism I think, Robert?
>>
>>Ian

>No you posted NO FACTS at ALL.

Say what? Ah well. Maybe he thought you'd be intelligent enough to look up the
reviews on the 10D? You're right, though: the 10D has no preview mode.Not a big
deal for the audience it's aimed at. For DSLRs with preview modes, try the
Olympus E10 and E20. And, yes, they are DSLRs. With preview screens, spotmeters
and all the rest, including histograms.

Charlie Self

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
Dan Quayle