Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Can't Download NikonView 6

Can't Download NikonView 6

Larry R Harrison Jr

I have been trying to download NikonView 6, but the website in the USA is
down. So I tried downloading the UK version, which is up, but can't get past
the serial number issue.

I purchased a Nikon Coolpix 775 but it hasn't arrived yet. I tried using the
serial number on my Nikon N65 but that's not a European camera.

Help?

LRH

Dave Lee

The whole Eastern Seaboard has been without power for more than 8 hours.
Wait a while and try again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Dave

--
"There are hundreds of tiny balls in every machine, and hundreds of
machines in every pachinko parlour, and a pachinko parlour on every block

Larry R Harrison Jr

"Dave Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhhngm$6fs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The whole Eastern Seaboard has been without power for more than 8 hours.
> Wait a while and try again tomorrow.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave

Yeah. Personally, whoever is responsible for this even if it's just choices
that lead to the design which makes the power so vulnerable, I seriously
think they're guilty of a crime and should be jailed for 20+ years.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for something like this. Not even
lightning is a good enough excuse; make it lightning-proof, or make a backup
system which can take over in such circumstances. Nothing less than absolute
100.00% perfect is acceptable.

pjp

Using that logic, every person who has helped design Windows should also be
thrown in jail. If there was ever a deck of cards ready to come tumbling
down at the first sign of trouble Windows beats the power grid hands down -
no contest.

Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:
> "Dave Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bhhngm$6fs$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The whole Eastern Seaboard has been without power for more than 8
>> hours. Wait a while and try again tomorrow.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Dave
>>

> Yeah. Personally, whoever is responsible for this even if it's just
> choices that lead to the design which makes the power so vulnerable,
> I seriously think they're guilty of a crime and should be jailed for
> 20+ years.
>
> There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for something like this. Not
> even lightning is a good enough excuse; make it lightning-proof, or
> make a backup system which can take over in such circumstances.
> Nothing less than absolute 100.00% perfect is acceptable.

Larry R Harrison Jr

"pjp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1v__a.3035$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using that logic, every person who has helped design Windows should also

be
> thrown in jail. If there was ever a deck of cards ready to come tumbling
> down at the first sign of trouble Windows beats the power grid hands

down -
> no contest.

Maybe, but as critical as Windows may seem to be, it can't hold a candle to
the criticalness of electricity. Hospitals, elevators, refrigerators for
insulin used by diabetics, etc--all extremely critical, and 100% dependent
on electricity.

Therefore, those who produce the electricity need to SERIOUSLY consider it,
and simply refuse to tolerate mistakes. Don't treat them so casually as if
it's no big deal. Take it seriously. I honestly believe they don't take it
anywhere near seriously enough.

Pat Chaney

On 15/8/03 6:48 am, "pjp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Using that logic, every person who has helped design Windows should also be
> thrown in jail.

You say that like it would be a bad thing!

Pat
--
Photos at:
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGalle...ll&AcctID=1251

Bob Crownfield

Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:

> "pjp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1v__a.3035$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Using that logic, every person who has helped design Windows should also

> be
> > thrown in jail. If there was ever a deck of cards ready to come tumbling
> > down at the first sign of trouble Windows beats the power grid hands

> down -
> > no contest.
> >

> Maybe, but as critical as Windows may seem to be, it can't hold a candle to
> the criticalness of electricity. Hospitals, elevators, refrigerators for
> insulin used by diabetics, etc--all extremely critical, and 100% dependent
> on electricity.

and some of those people depend on windows computers too.

> Therefore, those who produce the electricity need to SERIOUSLY consider it,
> and simply refuse to tolerate mistakes. Don't treat them so casually as if
> it's no big deal. Take it seriously. I honestly believe they don't take it
> anywhere near seriously enough.

Installing NikonView V6 Gadi Ben-Avi Digital Photography 5 01-23-2004 05:50 PM
NikonView 2.5.2 RB Digital Photography 1 10-10-2003 05:03 PM
NikonView Nikon Capture & linux piet Digital Photography 0 08-30-2003 04:14 PM

Advertisments