Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak Picture CD on Philips DVD (724) Player

Kodak Picture CD on Philips DVD (724) Player

DBM

I have a Philips DVD724 player and I thought it can "properly" play a
Kodak Picture CD. By "properly" I mean that it autoplays the pictures
and it offers a simple interactive menu. However, I recently tried to
play one, but I only got the "SMART NAV" menu. While I can get into
the "PICTURES" directory and view the images, it would be nice to have
the autoplay feature.

So, did I mess up something in the DVD's settings, or was it never
able to autoplay a Kodak Picture CD?

Thanks!
Doug

Dave Webb

> I have a Philips DVD724 player and I thought it can "properly" play a
> Kodak Picture CD.

Apologies, i'm new to this, but are these special DVD players or Picture
CDs.

I tried a Picture CD in my DVD player and it didn't recognise it as a valid
disc.

It should play DVD , VCD, MP3 ....

Dave.

DBM

Try http://www.dvdrhelp.com/ for a list of compatible DVD players.
The Philips certainly plays still JPEGs, but I was expecting easier
interoperability with the Kodak Picture CD.

"Dave Webb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<3f3c8ef7$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > I have a Philips DVD724 player and I thought it can "properly" play a
> > Kodak Picture CD.

> Apologies, i'm new to this, but are these special DVD players or Picture
> CDs.
>
> I tried a Picture CD in my DVD player and it didn't recognise it as a valid
> disc.
>
> It should play DVD , VCD, MP3 ....
>

> Dave.

Ron Baird

Greetings Doug,

DVD players showing the KODAK Picture CD compatible logo have been tested
and certified by Kodak to ensure an enjoyable viewing experience. You can
view your KODAK Picture CD pictures on those DVD players.

Some DVD players that do not show the KODAK Picture CD compatible logo, may
still reference KODAK Picture CD playability in their manuals. While we
would expect these units to work correctly, Kodak has not tested them.

Finally, other DVD players are able to play standard JPEG (.jpg) images. If
the DVD player plays standard JPEG images, you should be able to view the
pictures from your KODAK Picture CD on that machine. In any of these cases,
please refer to your DVD player users manual for information about the
ability to play JPEG images.

New models, featuring KODAK Picture CD compatibility, are continually being
introduced to markets throughout the world. Look for the KODAK Picture CD
compatibility logo to assure the most complete viewing experience of your
KODAK Picture CD using your DVD player.

Hope this helps, Doug, if you have the Picture CD logo on your machine let
me know.

Talk to you soon or see you around the newsgroups.

Ron Baird
Kodak

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...