Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Sony Digital Cameras

Re: Sony Digital Cameras

JK

I guess they haven't tried taking photos indoors with the lens at the
telephoto end without using a tripod or the flash?

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> The Sony DSC-P10 is an excellent camera, 5Mpixel, very small with a
> good lens and good features. It has reviewed well and the owners I've
> talked with are very happy with it.
>
> Godfrey
>
> In article <bhajph$vma18$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>, Alan Dempster
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Afternoon boys and girls...
> >
> > I'm currently looking for a spankin' new Sony Digital Camera. I wondered if
> > any of you knew where I could find reviews on the DSC-P72 and DSC-P92, as
> > well as the Aluminium P10 (the latter uses the Sony Proprietary 'Info
> > Lithum' batteries.
> >
> > Any comments from Sony owners would be welcomed. The budget has no upper
> > limit, although I'd prefer the camera to be as small as possible.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Alan

ERich10983

I've had my F707 for exactly one year. I just passed 9000 exposures while
documenting my town's bicentennial celebration this past weekend with another
550 shots. It still works as advertised with few problems that can't be traced
to my errors.

A satisfied user

Earle Rich
Mont Vernon, NH

Godfrey DiGiorgi

My Konica KD500Z has the same issues with low light situations, but I
find it an excellent choice for those things which it is suited for.
Not every camera has to be a super-fast, low light performer to be
excellent, JK. In low light, I either use it with a table top tripod or
switch to my F717. The Sony should do a little better in low light
because it supports ISO 400, albeit at the cost of increased noise in
the image.

Also, most of the time when you're shooting indoors without flash,
you're not at a telephoto setting either so you have up to f/2.8 light
gathering power.

You just cannot make an ultra compact with a fast, long lens. The two
design ideas are incompatible.

Godfrey