Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > CompactFlash ULTRA and Canon Powershot S10

CompactFlash ULTRA and Canon Powershot S10

Salsaholic

Hi there!
Has anyone here made experience with Canon Powershot S10 Camera and
"high speed" CompactFlash cards? (for example SanDisk ULTRA,
Dane-Elec, Lexar etc.)
Is this camera able to make use of the extra speed?
How about power consumption?

I wouldn't mind to speed up my good old camera a bit, especially as
I'm thinking about a bigger card anyway.
I've made some experiences with the Microdrive and it really slows the
camera down. Most probably not because of transfer rate (said to be
higher than normal CF cards), but due to the characteristic "spin up"
time. Besides that, it just eats batteries...

I'd be happy about any indication, even for related cameras
(Ixus/Elph, Axxx).

For email plase use klaus (at) salsaholic dot de
Kind regards,
Klaus
www.salsaholic.de

PS: Want to see some pictures where I would have liked more speed? ->
http://www.salsaholic.de/review21.htm
These turned out ok with some luck, but many, many times I/the camera
was just too late...