Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Sony Digital Cameras

Re: Sony Digital Cameras

Rogério Moreira

I own a V1 camera from Sony for about a month. So far I have not came across
any problems, and it performs greatly under low light situations (a thing
Canon G's do not...), has a short shutter lag (something Oly 5050 does not)
and takes great pics. Only issue is the short battery time, but I bought a
second one and everything goes fine.

Memory Stick is ok, just a bit pricey.

By the way, I hear very little from sony users in this group...

rogerio.

"Alan Dempster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhajph$vma18$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Afternoon boys and girls...
>
> I'm currently looking for a spankin' new Sony Digital Camera. I wondered

if
> any of you knew where I could find reviews on the DSC-P72 and DSC-P92, as
> well as the Aluminium P10 (the latter uses the Sony Proprietary 'Info
> Lithum' batteries.
>
> Any comments from Sony owners would be welcomed. The budget has no upper
> limit, although I'd prefer the camera to be as small as possible.
>
> Regards
>
> Alan

Pete

"Rogério Moreira" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhatha$a0u$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Memory Stick is ok, just a bit pricey.
>
> By the way, I hear very little from sony users in this group...
>
> rogerio.

I've been lurking this group for a while now, there used to be quite few
Sony Users posting with useful info but I think they got fed up with the
constant castigations
on their choice of camera, rants about memory sticks, proprietary batteries
etc.
and that picture quality was bad, even though no one else could see anything
wrong.
So they buggered off.
I think, like me they now hang out in DPReview Sony forum or
http://www.sonycams.com/

Pete F707 & DSC-P1
www.petegray.com

Unclaimed Mysteries

Pete wrote in part:

> I've been lurking this group for a while now, there used to be quite few
> Sony Users posting with useful info but I think they got fed up with the
> constant castigations
> on their choice of camera, rants about memory sticks, proprietary batteries
> etc.
> and that picture quality was bad, even though no one else could see anything
> wrong.
> So they buggered off.
> I think, like me they now hang out in DPReview Sony forum or
> http://www.sonycams.com/

Where the unbelievable COVER UP continues. No mention on your website of
the worldwide Communist Gangster Memory Stick God, the NightShot
Eyesight Television, the InfoLithium-powered Earphone Radio, the
man-made, Sony Entertainment sponsored INSIDE OUT PLANETS! THE NEW FAKE
STARRY SKY! For revealing these TRUTHS I have been HOUNDED by spies,
Assassins(TM), even convenience store clerks attempting to jab me with
the DEADLY TOUCH Tabun Needle when giving change.

Sony Memory Stick Worldwide Eternal Living Death Slavery to the
unbelievable Sony overall plan of world domination through this
"technology," I now must go to death for your lowest guttermouth
gangsterization crimes against me for warning rec.photo.digital about
this incredible Memory Stick plot against humanity.

Warning Sony users and your parroting puppet slaves, don't forget that
you too are EXPENDABLE, and subject to sneak hangman rope undetectable
EXTERMINATION. Make copies for yourself.

Sincerely,
The Ghost of Francis E. Dec, Esq.
(http://www.ubu.com/sound/dec.html)
--

It Came From C. L. "Don't even get me started on 'Invisible Personnel'"
Smith's Unclaimed Mysteries.

Pete

"Unclaimed Mysteries" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:X1f_a.14566$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> Pete wrote in part:
>

> > I've been lurking this group for a while now, there used to be quite few
> > Sony Users posting with useful info but I think they got fed up with the
> > constant castigations
> > on their choice of camera, rants about memory sticks, proprietary

batteries
> > etc.
> > and that picture quality was bad, even though no one else could see

anything
> > wrong.
> > So they buggered off.
> > I think, like me they now hang out in DPReview Sony forum or
> > http://www.sonycams.com/

> Where the unbelievable COVER UP continues. No mention on your website of
> the worldwide Communist Gangster Memory Stick God, the NightShot
> Eyesight Television, the InfoLithium-powered Earphone Radio, the
> man-made, Sony Entertainment sponsored INSIDE OUT PLANETS! THE NEW FAKE
> STARRY SKY! For revealing these TRUTHS I have been HOUNDED by spies,
> Assassins(TM), even convenience store clerks attempting to jab me with
> the DEADLY TOUCH Tabun Needle when giving change.
>
> Sony Memory Stick Worldwide Eternal Living Death Slavery to the
> unbelievable Sony overall plan of world domination through this
> "technology," I now must go to death for your lowest guttermouth
> gangsterization crimes against me for warning rec.photo.digital about
> this incredible Memory Stick plot against humanity.
>
> Warning Sony users and your parroting puppet slaves, don't forget that
> you too are EXPENDABLE, and subject to sneak hangman rope undetectable
> EXTERMINATION. Make copies for yourself.
>
> Sincerely,
> The Ghost of Francis E. Dec, Esq.
> (http://www.ubu.com/sound/dec.html)
> --
>
> It Came From C. L. "Don't even get me started on 'Invisible Personnel'"
> Smith's Unclaimed Mysteries.
> http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

My goodness I think you're right, after living in Japan for
3 years I've obviously been infected by Evil Sony Nanobots
spiked in the Pocari Sweat , and subliminal messages beamed
to me by my Evil Sony Satellite Decoder and hidden in my Evil Sony Hi-Fi
not forgetting the mind altering waves from my Evil Sony Phone.
I just realised I went and bought a Sony Clie on Monday. I could
swear I went in for a Palm Tungsten. I must leave this place soon
and get back to England where I can buy homemade unreliable
products with poor service.

Please excuse me now, I feel a strange compulsion to buy a Sony Wega
Widescreen TV and Sony Video Cam plus as many memory sticks and lithium-ion
batteries as I can

Long Live Ohga san
Long Live Idei san

Pete
Tokyo (The place where the lovely Sony people are)

Godfrey DiGiorgi

There are quite a number of us here, but we don't have too much to
bitch about. The Sony Talk Forum and other venues specific to Sony
users are extremely active, mostly with people asking for and getting
good advice, and showing pictures.

Godfrey