Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Shame on B&H

Re: Shame on B&H

BandHPhoto

<That makes no sense as they will not be able to resell that defective camera
anyway. When the factory refurbishes it, it will get a new warranty card.
This action tells me they resell all of their returns as new items. Probably
why your camera doesn't work, it was broken by the last owner.>

Baloney. This tells you nothing of the sort. Fact is whethe the manufacturer
refurbs it or smashes it against the wall, if they make a rule that they want
the BLANK warranty card back and we tell the customer up front that the rule
exists, all it DOES tell you is that we have a rule. You may infer whatever you
want, but in this case you're just plain wrong.

<<I think that is crap. I pay $600 for a camera that is defective and I can't
return it because of that.>

You CAN return it if you press it enough. The law is on your side in this
case. Don't let them get away with it.>

He can because in this particular case we have a little elasticity. Pressing
enough gets nothing and nowhere. There is no law on his side.

Isn't it scary and thrilling for you to be so certain and so wrong all at once?

- --

regards,
Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video
http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Mark M

> You CAN return it if you press it enough. The law is on your side in
this
> case. Don't let them get away with it.>
>
> He can because in this particular case we have a little elasticity.

Pressing
> enough gets nothing and nowhere. There is no law on his side.
>
> Isn't it scary and thrilling for you to be so certain and so wrong all at

once?

I doubt it, Henry.
He's wrong so often that I'm sure the thrill of it is gone by now.

HRosita

Hi,

It seems to me that logically, once you have checked out the camera and decided
it works fine, then you would register it to activate the manufacturer
warranty, and the responsibility for the item goes from the seller to the
manufacturer.

By the way, it took years to get the Lemon Law in for cars, and even that only
comes into effect after the dealer (who represents the manufacturer) tries to
fix the car 3 times.

So, if the camera is defective, contact the manufacturer. I am sure that under
the warranty your camera will either be replaced or repaired.
Rosita

Jon Wordsworth

> <That makes no sense as they will not be able to resell that defective camera
> anyway. When the factory refurbishes it, it will get a new warranty card.
> This action tells me they resell all of their returns as new items. Probably
> why your camera doesn't work, it was broken by the last owner.>
>
> Baloney. This tells you nothing of the sort.

It does when you open up the battery compartment and find a note from the previous
owner saying that if you find the note you know you just got sold an item he was
returning because the such and such didn't work.

Please be kind and do the same for others.

Mark M

"Jon Wordsworth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > <That makes no sense as they will not be able to resell that defective

camera
> > anyway. When the factory refurbishes it, it will get a new warranty

card.
> > This action tells me they resell all of their returns as new items.

Probably
> > why your camera doesn't work, it was broken by the last owner.>
> >
> > Baloney. This tells you nothing of the sort.

> It does when you open up the battery compartment and find a note from the

previous
> owner saying that if you find the note you know you just got sold an item

he was
> returning because the such and such didn't work.

OK you moron.
Feel free to whine about the most reputable camera store anywhere...
....As for your presence on my newsreader??
Bye bye!