Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > will it work

will it work

alan howell

Hi,
I will soon have to contemplate a new computer,it will no doubt have windows
xp.Does anyone know whether my Sanyo..VPC-G250 digicam will work ?
TIA.......Alan

--
freeserve.co.uk

WinkenBlinken& Nod

"alan howell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bh5dco$5bs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I will soon have to contemplate a new computer,it will no doubt have windows
> xp.Does anyone know whether my Sanyo..VPC-G250 digicam will work ?
> TIA.......Alan
>
> --
> freeserve.co.uk

I do not know Alan, did you drop it? It should work, the USB functions should be
better implemented in XP from the (X) OS you are now using.
Ed

Fred McKenzie

<< I will soon have to contemplate a new computer,it will no doubt have windows
xp.Does anyone know whether my Sanyo..VPC-G250 digicam will work ? >>

Alan-

Does the Sanyo have a firewire port? If so, consider getting a recent
Macintosh with iMovie.

Fred

Enough

In article <bh5dco$5bs$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"alan howell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I will soon have to contemplate a new computer,it will no doubt have windows
> xp.

Stupidity is its own reward!

--
Enough <(E-Mail Removed)>

JK

The software for the camera might not run on windows xp, in which
case you might need to use a card reader to transfer the images
to the pc.

alan howell wrote:

> Hi,
> I will soon have to contemplate a new computer,it will no doubt have windows
> xp.Does anyone know whether my Sanyo..VPC-G250 digicam will work ?
> TIA.......Alan
>
> --
> freeserve.co.uk

Pat Chaney

On 10/8/03 1:25 pm, "alan howell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I will soon have to contemplate a new computer,it will no doubt have windows
> xp.

You say that as if it was a horrible inevitability.

Pat
--
Photos at:
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGalle...ll&AcctID=1251

Enough

In article <BB5C9CF3.3D536%(E-Mail Removed)>, Pat Chaney <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> On 10/8/03 1:25 pm, "alan howell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I will soon have to contemplate a new computer,it will no doubt have windows
> > xp.

> You say that as if it was a horrible inevitability.

Anything to do with Windows is appropriately described as 'horrible.'

--
Enough <(E-Mail Removed)>

Pat Chaney

On 11/8/03 1:39 pm, "Enough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> You say that as if it was a horrible inevitability.

> Anything to do with Windows is appropriately described as 'horrible.'

I'm using a Mac too but I don't want to start yet another PC vs Mac holy
war.

Pat
--
Photos at:
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGalle...ll&AcctID=1251

Enough

In article <BB5DA949.3D9BE%(E-Mail Removed)>, Pat Chaney <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> On 11/8/03 1:39 pm, "Enough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >> You say that as if it was a horrible inevitability.

> > Anything to do with Windows is appropriately described as 'horrible.'

> I'm using a Mac too but I don't want to start yet another PC vs Mac holy
> war.

No ambition?

--
Enough <(E-Mail Removed)>