Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > G3 Flash problem - Flash doesn't work

G3 Flash problem - Flash doesn't work

Mike Geisterfer

I was using the G3 all day outdoors shot 100+ photos.
When it started to get dark, tried to use the internal flash and it
wouldn't work. Tried the flash button, the Flash Icon would light up
briefly then go off. No flash.

New Battery in the camera.

Any ideas or am I back to the shop to get it fixed.

Mike G.

Jon Wordsworth

Mike Geisterfer wrote:

> I was using the G3 all day outdoors shot 100+ photos.
> When it started to get dark, tried to use the internal flash and it
> wouldn't work. Tried the flash button, the Flash Icon would light up
> briefly then go off. No flash.
>
> New Battery in the camera.
>
> Any ideas or am I back to the shop to get it fixed.

Bring it to a camera store that sells them and see if they can get it to
work by changing some settings. It could be set not to use a flash
under any conditions and you just have change that setting somewhere.
Just got this camera myself and know there is that option, but don't
remember off hand where or how to do it without looking in the manual, I
have not had a chance to really use the camera yet and never really use
a flash anyway.

But knowing all the options this camera has, I wouldn't be surprised if
it is just turned off.

FredBillie

<< From: Jon Wordsworth http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Date: Mon, Aug 11, 2003 11:37 AM

Mike Geisterfer wrote:

> I was using the G3 all day outdoors shot 100+ photos.
> When it started to get dark, tried to use the internal flash and it
> wouldn't work. Tried the flash button, the Flash Icon would light up
> briefly then go off. No flash.
>
> New Battery in the camera.
>
> Any ideas or am I back to the shop to get it fixed.

Bring it to a camera store that sells them and see if they can get it to
work by changing some settings. It could be set not to use a flash
under any conditions and you just have change that setting somewhere.
Just got this camera myself and know there is that option, but don't
remember off hand where or how to do it without looking in the manual, I
have not had a chance to really use the camera yet and never really use
a flash anyway.

But knowing all the options this camera has, I wouldn't be surprised if
it is just turned off.
>><BR><BR>

On the top left back of the camera there is a button with a Flash Symbol on it.
Press this and observe the symbol (or lack of it) in the LCD screen at the top
of the camera. No symbol=auto flash, Flash symbol=always fires, Symbol with a
slash through it, flash always off.

Mike Geisterfer

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, mbohntrash54
@comcast.net says...
> "Mike Geisterfer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ca...
> > I was using the G3 all day outdoors shot 100+ photos.
> > When it started to get dark, tried to use the internal flash and it
> > wouldn't work. Tried the flash button, the Flash Icon would light up
> > briefly then go off. No flash.
> >
> > New Battery in the camera.
> >
> > Any ideas or am I back to the shop to get it fixed.
> >
> > Mike G.

> My G1 did the same thing a couple months back. As far as I can tell, either
> the internal flash is somehow dead or (more likely) the button to change
> flash modes simply doesn't work. I press the flash button, and nothing. No
> flash symbol, no flash. Not a problem for me since getting the 420EX, but
> it sure would be nice for the rare occassion when I want just a little fill
> outdoors. I called Canon Service, they suggested sending it in. When it
> becomes enough of a problem, I'll do just that.
>
> Mark

Did just that, sent it in for servicing.. have to wait 2 weeks a least
to get it back. Still under warranty.

Mike G.

Can I make a Flash Object a live link using html instead of flash? johnsonholding@yahoo.com HTML 8 02-09-2012 05:33 AM
Another flash question - jpegs in flash movie acting oddly. Jim Higson HTML 1 09-21-2004 10:38 PM
flash problem, session id not consistent when using flash with query stirng parameters Bernie ASP .Net 0 09-05-2004 05:28 AM
Is Flash Flash? Targa Cisco 1 11-25-2003 03:34 PM
Why not a Flash -> flash device? Shaw Goh \(NetPlus Micro Computers\) Digital Photography 0 07-16-2003 09:57 AM

Advertisments