Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > DEADHEAD!

DEADHEAD!

Lionello

If you know what this is, maybe you know how to fix it.
I seem to have it in my Epson 1200. The yellow just won't print!

Thanks.

--
Lionel
www.cameraart.ca

Roland Karlsson

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Lionello) wrote in news:sumer-0808030814110001
@u39n178.pei.eastlink.ca:

> If you know what this is, maybe you know how to fix it.
> I seem to have it in my Epson 1200. The yellow just won't print!

Personally - after fighting with an Epson 870 and its clogging
- I have given up on Epson. Will not buy another one. Dump
the thing in the nearest trash bin.

Roland

Charlie D

In article <Xns93D18FE17F52Arolandkarlssonchello@130.133.1.4> ,
Roland Karlsson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) (Lionello) wrote in news:sumer-0808030814110001
> @u39n178.pei.eastlink.ca:
>
> > If you know what this is, maybe you know how to fix it.
> > I seem to have it in my Epson 1200. The yellow just won't print!

> Personally - after fighting with an Epson 870 and its clogging
> - I have given up on Epson. Will not buy another one. Dump
> the thing in the nearest trash bin.

That's what I did with my 900.
Never again!

--
Charlie Dilks
Newark, DE USA

HRosita

Hi,

Check out Google Groups
comp.periphs.printers

But search with an argument like Epson 1200 clogged head.

There have been lots of discussions and suggestions on this problem.
Rosita

Annika1980

>Roland Karlsson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> Personally - after fighting with an Epson 870 and its clogging
>> - I have given up on Epson. Will not buy another one. Dump
>> the thing in the nearest trash bin.

That problem has never manifested itself in my Epson 1270.

Epson makes the best inkjet printers .... Period. So don't buy any more. You
just won't have the best inkjet printer.

HRosita

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>That problem has never manifested itself in my Epson 1270.

Ditto.
Just as a precaution I do run a cleaning cycle just to make sure before I print
a 13x19 picture.
Rosita

Katie Piecrust

Ditto on my Epson Photo 700. It developed other nasty problems too right
after the warranty was up, such as the heads constantly slamming against the
side of the printer. I'd swear the thing was suicidal, and it got it's wish
in the end. Anyways, if I did buy something it would probably be a Canon due
to the removable heads. Easier to clean should a clog develop, and with two
heads you can swap easily; one for color and one for B&W such as
piezography. Right now, though, I'm more than happy when it comes to Nortisu
prints from a local mini-lab (though haven't tried B&W on it yet).

Charlie D wrote:
>>> If you know what this is, maybe you know how to fix it.
>>> I seem to have it in my Epson 1200. The yellow just won't print!

>> Personally - after fighting with an Epson 870 and its clogging
>> - I have given up on Epson. Will not buy another one. Dump
>> the thing in the nearest trash bin.

> That's what I did with my 900.
> Never again!

Roland Karlsson

Ron Hunter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:e1SYa.30734$sN.29288
@fe14.atl2.webusenet.com:

> Am on my 5th HP printer. NEVER had a clogging problem. I suspect that
> the non-smear, long-lasting ink Epson uses has something to do with the
> problem.

Yes it has. Epson is using pigment ink. This means that there are
tiny particles in the ink instead of a colored solution. Much,
much, much harder make a printer head for pigment ink.

Roland